P4 400' max height limit

Reaction score
Today took the P4 out to, fly up to tower on top of Hubbard Park in CT. P4 could not do it. Had plenty of battery & range but because I hit the 400' ceiling I couldn't get up the mountain - would have hit trees. No problem at all making the run with the P3 Pro. I've tried to calibrate the height setting on P4, no success - unless you consider getting it to go lower a success. If there's anyone that has a work around for this please let me know. Otherwise I'm returning the bird to DJI. FYI: everything else works great and I get great time out of the battery. I really hope there is something that can be done to get over the 400' limit.

400 feet is the default max altitude. You can increase it in the following section of the DJI GO settings:

IMG_1989.jpg

Note: Your Phantom must be connected to the DJI GO app when changing this setting.

Reactions: phantom4rookie
Just a question gang. What is the altitude cap if I decide to increase my flight altitude? Is there one?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The max altitude is 500m.

Another question gang. If I decide to fly above 400 ft. Is there a way the FAA can track my drone and come pay me a visit or issue a fine?

If I decide to fly above 400 ft. Is there a way the FAA can track my drone and come pay me a visit or issue a fine?
No. The best they could do is seize your drone and retrieve the internal flight log.

Have any of you flown your 4 at the 500 meter level? If so what were your thoughts?

Me? Never. I use Google Earth when I need views like that :)

Another question gang. If I decide to fly above 400 ft. Is there a way the FAA can track my drone and come pay me a visit or issue a fine?

As far as i know, there is no law saying you can not fly above 400 feet, they just kindly ask you not to.

Yes I have gone up to 500m up a mountain side. I was never more than 200' above the ground. But it climbed the whole 500m with no problems at all. Just make sure you set it back to 400' max when your done.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

with the p3p there is a easter egg to bypass.. ie
go to 500meters.. hold the home button down and then push the lefthand stick up.. the phatom 3 will continue to rise as per here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have fun be safe
hzl
ps have NOT tried this with the p3p or the p4 yet

That video is about 9 months old. DJI has since patched that Easter egg.

No worries. Now you don't have to waste your time testing ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31