P3Std for Practice?

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a P3 Standard at the $300 off sale price and use it as a "practice" aircraft for new skills without risking my P3P.

Would the different RC make that less productive?

It also appears that it can't be used to learn the 3rd party apps since they won't run with the Std RC.

Could also use for sharing with my wife and friends who ask about trying to fly. Wouldn't do that with my P3P!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would not get it for practice, but to use for those close shots that put your phantom at risk. The video shots slow and low are the best anyway in my opinion.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
Dont know about your Missus but id have the freinds on a crash and pay deal.

For practice id get something cheap (non gps) that is actually hard to fly. Likely to hone your skills faster.

Naw get like a syma x5c for practice. You want a non GPS one to fly and at around $50 you can fly it like you stole it....

Seriously, my wife says my smiles are larger when flying the syma. She says I look a little sick when flying my Phantom...

I have the phantom 3 standard and the advanced.

I thought of selling the standard after getting the advanced, but I like having the cheaper model for higher risk flights (far distance, windy conditions, friend insisting on trying it out, etc.)

It's all fun..... Just fly em like you stole em.... Love this hobby. Get some great videos too.

I bought a Parrot Rolling Spider at Sam's Club for my wife as a "joke", but beyond basic concepts it does not have much value beyond scaring the cats since it uses a phone app with Bluetooth to control it.

The Syma x5c looks like a much better value. Seems like there are many variants out there, just on Amazon. -1,_02, _03, _04, "New Upgraded Version", etc. For this purpose does the model number suffix matter, or just go with the least expensive option?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl