P3SE and carbon gimbal guard

Reaction score
So I bought a carbon fiber gimbal guard for P3.... it fits, just needed about 1/16" of shaving to fit. It only goes on one way to be close to the middle.

My question is this.. when you turn on the AC and the gimbal goes thru ' the dance '... it makes the slightest bit of contact...not stopping the gimbal, it just scrapes by.... should I clearance the area to be on the safe side?

Thinkin I should...

I had same problem with my standard , I put the guard underneath with zip ties .
I'm thinkin I'm gonna clearance the guard... it's such a slight touch on both sides, I don't think it will take much and still look clean.

Edit:

After looking at it closer, I like your idea better... you gain a lot more clearance.

Last edited:
I'm thinkin I'm gonna clearance the guard... it's such a slight touch on both sides, I don't think it will take much and still look clean.

Edit:

After looking at it closer, I like your idea better... you gain a lot more clearance.
I took a hacksaw blade off the holder and cut new slots and set it back a tad (1/4 inch) So that " wildly Dancin Gimbal " wont touch it....Thats my idea any how..

I took a hacksaw blade off the holder and cut new slots and set it back a tad (1/4 inch) So that " wildly Dancin Gimbal " wont touch it....Thats my idea any how..
and it adds strength to the landing gears by connecting them together ! now why didn't Dji do that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav