P3S Won't stay steady and still

Reaction score
I've had this issue for quite a while now,
And I thought after a few calibrations of the compass and imu that it would solve it,
But it's still there,
What's happening is when I'm around 250-300ft altitude the aircraft will not stop steady or still whatsoever,
There is no wind at all and it's really calm sunny day,
And it just won't stop in place where I want it to,
I position it to take a photo and I can see on my phone screen that it's drifting and turning all of the time,
I try to correct this by turning back,
But soon as I let go of the stick, it just spins back out again,
This is really frustrating as I can't get the pictures I want as it won't stop steady,
It will hover perfectly, it's just the camera gimbal that I think is moving left to right

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

And I thought after a few calibrations of the compass and imu that it would solve it,
But it's still there,
What's happening is when I'm around 250-300ft altitude the aircraft will not stop steady or still whatsoever,
I position it to take a photo and I can see on my phone screen that it's drifting and turning all of the time,
This is really frustrating as I can't get the pictures I want as it won't stop steady,
It will hover perfectly, it's just the camera gimbal that I think is moving left to right

If your rear LEDs are flashing yellow than you're not locked onto GPS. Flip S1 to the top and you should get green lights which means you have a GPS lock.

But it's still there,

You didn't mention RC calibration.
You should see the same problem at any elevation
A: "Try to correct it by turning it back" ?
B: "But soon as I let go of the stick, it just spins back out again" ?

The phantom has to be what is turning.
Flight log playback might show if there is remote stick moment.
Flight log to HD would show satellite count and some other factors.

Rod

Well scratch that line "What's happening is when I'm around 250-300ft altitude" that is not a factor, it should be strait on the ground also.;)
I have seen this on the forum, sorry I don't remember the results.
It wasn't as bad as yours.:rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20