P3S won't find firmware update?

Reaction score
Since 3 months I want to use my P3S again and would like to update to the latest firmware (now 1.6.8). But whatever I do the GO app (latest version) doesn't tell me an update is available and says it's on the latest one. Any ideas?

I use an S7 edge. When I'm connected to the P3S's wifi I can access any internet data in GO for example map info or shop data. Is that normal? My 4G connection is working fine and internet data in GO is ok once I connect to my home wifi network..

Are you having problems with 1.6.8? If not, don' worry and leave it as is.

No but I want to install it anyway. Tried to reinstall GO and use a different device (Ipad) but it keeps saying 1.6.8 is the latest.

You could go to Phantomhelp.com and download the latest version of FW to the removable SD on AC.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Once inserted turn the AC on, and it should start the upgrade. Use extreme caution when playing with firmware. Many have had issues when playing with FW and disabled their bird. I've never had a problem upgrading, but have had problems when attempting to downgrade. You may want to touch base with support first, or as suggested just leave it alone if no problems. I was told by support that 1.08.x should be released soon, so maybe just wait a bit.

Last edited:
No but I want to install it anyway. Tried to reinstall GO and use a different device (Ipad) but it keeps saying 1.6.8 is the latest.

Look around this forum for 10 minutes and you'll find several posts that are like "I upgraded FW and now it won't work". Mess with FW at your own risk. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic