P3S Wireless settings

Reaction score
HI All

As I understand it on the Standard DJI use 2 wireless frequency's 2.4 GHZ for video and 5.8 GHZ for Control,... set @ different power settings for FCC and CE . FCC is set to 27dBm and 19dBM and CE 20dbm and 14dBM . so my questions: are the values from the RC to AC?..if so what are the values from AC to RC and if I use Power Magic does it increase the values in both directions ? if not how can I increase the AC to RC Values Also which frequency does the Go app use for the control / settings... I know the video is on 2.4 but I am confused about the commands like return home etc on the mobile device which frequency they use ....

I don't use anything that "hacks" my gear or software, thus completely voiding my warranty. Nevertheless, from what I understand the goal behind the Magic Power is to "hack" through the CE limits placed on the 2.4 signal which is used for video and telemetry and boost that signal up to FCC (US) numbers. It does nothing for your RC signal which is the 5.8G. If you are in the US you don't need it.

If you want to get some better distance from the P3S you can invest $15 in a wind surfer. If you have the nerve to open up your RC and remove the stock antennas, there are the argTEK and ITELITE range extenders. These range from around $59 to $109 with the ITELITE being preferred over the argTEK in my opinion.

I bought a spare RC and installed the ITELITE, leaving my original stock RC as a back-up in case I messed it up during installation. It was easier than I thought. I don't fly more than 600 feet line of sight, so I can't say how much it boosted my range. My sole purpose for buying it was peace of mind that I had the best signal possible

Thanks for the info ... As I understand the windsurfer only helps the RC control (5.8 gHz) but nothing for the video .. I am in South Africa .. which I think falls into the CE lot .. I am mainly looking to better my video link which seems to fail before my RC link does ... about 200-300m bad to no video ... flying range 400m max

Thanks for the info ... As I understand the windsurfer only helps the RC control (5.8 gHz) but nothing for the video .. I am in South Africa .. which I think falls into the CE lot .. I am mainly looking to better my video link which seems to fail before my RC link does ... about 200-300m bad to no video ... flying range 400m max

The Magic Power may work for you then. The antennas will also extend the range of the 2.4.

Reactions: hutch
Trying to connect to my phantom via telnet to see what my transmit value is but it says connection denied...any ideas

Yes, Telnet is not enabled as standard. you can use the Magic Power mod to enable it. :)

If you are competent with the 'UNIX' operating system then there are other ways of enabling it.

Hi Kevin. I'm also here in SA, what device are you using? I use my iPhone 6 and it works fine, I bought a cheap android tablet and with that I lose video within 100m.

I am using a Huawei P10 with no problem... also using a Huawei media 8 but have not tried it over a long distance yet

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik