P3S Went off Course with Litchi

Reaction score
The last couple of times I tried to us Litchi, I've had some weird problems. Those wer also the first times using it by the way. The first time, I started up my drone, opened the litchi app and started a pre-defined course. The drone suddenly decended quickly and bounced itself off of the grass, then started the mission. I hope that didn't damage anything.

The second time, I started from an off and landed position. It took off and headed in an unrelated direction to the set course. I had to switch to P in order to stop it.

Then I did a firmware update that I noticed was available. After that, it behaved strange like the compass wasn't calibrated so I calibrated that and it was better.

Then restarted, launched with DJI Go, switched to Litchi, and started the mission and it went fine. I restarted again, started the mission before launching and it went off in the wrong direction. Then I restarted again, launched with DJI Go, switched to Litchi and started the mission. It performed fine until the last of four points and went off in that same wrong direction. I had to switch to P and bring it back.

Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure. I'm using beta version. Free and it works fine. I don't see the need to open the go app if I'm using litchi. All the settings remain. So switching back and forth may be issue. I could be wrong. Or it could be a bug. All I know is I never start up. I simply hit start mission. It starts and takes off on its on. My settings are set to rth and land. And that is exactly what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Definitely, don't run both Litchi and Go app and switch between them. Part of your pre-flight (on Android devices) would be to go into Settings > Apps > Running and kill all instances of Litchi and DJI Go. You then choose one and only one of the said apps for the duration of your flight. If you need to switch to the other app, exit from it and kill the current app in Settings first.

You may want to share your Litchi Mission Hub waypoints for the folks here to see and check your work.

Yeah I will share those as soon as I figure out how. Still learning this thing.

Even if you open up DJI go and close it, it still remains resident in memory from what I have seen. I have opened it up and closed it on one of my phones, and then started Litchi on a separate phone and was using it, when I heard a voice prompt from the first phone that I had closed DJI GO on.

I had to restart that phone, to close the app and have it disconnect from the quad.

Use just Litchi, or Just DJI Go. I like Litchi much better than GO.

The only downfall I see with LItchi is that I can't adjust white balance and such for some reason. However, I have now flown several missions and love it!

It makes the quad very useful! Now if I could get one as useful, but with a decent camera....

Ok I get that I should not switch between Go and Litchi. However it seems that because you can't calibrate via Litchi (that I can tell) you have to at least start up in Go, calibrate, then kill the app, restart everything and load only Litchi.

Ok the above process worked perfectly. Now to overcome the fact that auto pitch seems to not work in Litchi.

Ok I get that I should not switch between Go and Litchi. However it seems that because you can't calibrate via Litchi (that I can tell) you have to at least start up in Go, calibrate, then kill the app, restart everything and load only Litchi.

no need to calibrate every time
if you are not getting error or a need to calibrate message , just fly!

Right. I'm hardly in the same location every time so I've been getting a calibrate message most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you setup your waypoints' gimbal/pitch setting to Focus POI?
Not that time but I did another mission today and tried that. It worked. Each waypoint was set to Focus POI and it smoothly transitioned from POI to POI.

Also, I was experiencing some disconnects at about 900 feet. Turns out the remote was connecting to both my iPad and my iPhone. So if you upgrade your set up to an iPad, make sure you have your phone forget the phantom wifi. This may also explain some of the other strange behavior mentioned earlier.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik