P3S weak Signal

Reaction score
I'm having the an issue. Before I started doing the firmware updates I could fly it with no issues. Now I can barely fly it 100 ft. Without the low signal warning. I'm very frustrated. I'm going to the beach in 2 weeks and was looking forward to flying it there.

I'm having the an issue. Before I started doing the firmware updates I could fly it with no issues. Now I can barely fly it 100 ft. Without the low signal warning. I'm very frustrated. I'm going to the beach in 2 weeks and was looking forward to flying it there.
Hi Jbeezy,
I am brand new to this and had a question about fw updates a few days ago and the resounding advice was not to update at this stage.
It maybe worthwhile "winding back" to the fw that was working.
Just a guess.
Good luck Cheers
Matt

Hi Jbeezy,
I am brand new to this and had a question about fw updates a few days ago and the resounding advice was not to update at this stage.
It maybe worthwhile "winding back" to the fw that was working.
Just a guess.
Good luck Cheers
Matt
Sad thing is, I don't remember which was working as should. Got tired of it telling me it needs an update and did it. I'll look into that today

I'm in the process of downgrading firmware. I read on another thread where this helped. Any idea of what firmware I should downgrade to? I've actually upgraded firmware twice, so I'm thinking I should at least downgrade twice. Makes sense to me

I downgraded the firmware to 1.9.20 and all seems fine now. I went for a short flight, but I'm going to charge the battery and go for what I call a normal flight and see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of downgrading firmware. I read on another thread where this helped. Any idea of what firmware I should downgrade to? I've actually upgraded firmware twice, so I'm thinking I should at least downgrade twice. Makes sense to me

I downgraded the firmware to 1.9.20 and all seems fine now. I went for a short flight, but I'm going to charge the battery and go for what I call a normal flight and see what happens.
Hope it works for you! Let us know how you go.
Cheers
Matt

It's better than it was for sure. Only thing I did notice is when I reached the 400 ft mark it activated return to home. I could barely see my phone screen so I don't know if it lost signal or did that for some other reason

I flew again yesterday and it's still having issues. It's better as I said before but not back to normal.

Can anyone tell me how I can downgrade firmware again?

Suggestion: Check to insure that you have a good link between your hand-held RC and the drone itself.

I had a good one during an afternoon flight this week, but then when I went out in the evening to shoot some sunset photos the drone acted sluggish and it wouldn't obey my control stick inputs.properly - sluggish response, incorrect response, unpredictable response. It would not RTH nor would it auto-land.

I literally had to re-learn to fly it manually "on the fly" (pun intended) - pushing forward on the right-hand stick made it move forward AND SIDEWAYS, pulling back on that stick made it move backwards AND SIDEWAYS. Moving the right-hand stick side to side moved the drone side to side - AND forward and back!

Not know how long I was going to have any semblance of control of the drone, I decided the best thing to do was to get it on the ground ASAP. Luckily the throttle stick worked as advertised and I was finally able to get it back on the ground without a crash or any damage damage, but it ended up being about 200 yards from where I was originally trying to land it. I was lucky that I didn't lose it it the swamp water that surrounded the place I was flying!

Turned out I didn't have a good RC-to-aircaft radio link. I don't know how or why that happened, but when I did a complete re-link routine the problem cleared up immediately and I had no further problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr