P3S weak Signal

Reaction score
Anymore every time I fly I get a message that pops up on my screen o USE CAUTION SIGNAL WEAK. This happens in several different locations. Any thoughts?

Man I have a p3s also and after I upgraded firmware my bird will only go 800 ft then will kick in Return to home ! Anyway I have done so much to correct the problem and no luck anyway just wondered if possibly it's so
Thing to do with firmware on yours ! I'm not very good with this yet! But I wanted to try to help if I could !!

I don't know if it's the new firmware or what... sure gets freaky when your flying on a calm day and the screen starts flashing weak signal. I immediately put it back towards me...

Man I have a p3s also and after I upgraded firmware my bird will only go 800 ft then will kick in Return to home ! Anyway I have done so much to correct the problem and no luck anyway just wondered if possibly it's so
Thing to do with firmware on yours ! I'm not very good with this yet! But I wanted to try to help if I could !!
Is that 800 feet vertically or horizontally? I've had 'weak signal' only about 100 feet above my head in semi urban locations, with my PS3 Standard and believe that radio interference and antenna positionimg might contribute to that.

In very rural locations, with minimal interference I've managed to fly 1640 feet horizontally (max legal distance in my country.)

Well it's actually both if I point the antenna at the drone vertically it get signal sometimes but the only reason that I know something is wrong is when I or before I go on the update I could fly around 1600 feet or more no problems now it will go so far say Signal lost and initiate a return to home when I use the windsurfer antenna thing it will go a little farther i've tried even the antenna in the remote make sure it was secure on the motherboard!! Oh and sorry for all the run on sentences and punctuation I'm using a phone with talk to text

Well it's actually both if I point the antenna at the drone vertically it get signal sometimes but the only reason that I know something is wrong is when I or before I go on the update I could fly around 1600 feet or more no problems now it will go so far say Signal lost and initiate a return to home when I use the windsurfer antenna thing it will go a little farther i've tried even the antenna in the remote make sure it was secure on the motherboard!! Oh and sorry for all the run on sentences and punctuation I'm using a phone with talk to text
All I can say is I've had signal problems also. Lost signal at only 150-400 feet directly above may head (this may be an antenna positioning problem, combined with urban radio interference.)

However, yesterday I flew it horizontally 1600 feet over the sea. It's very hard to work out what to expect with regards to distance from a PS3 Standard. I think there are several factors at play; antenna positioning, radio interference, and of course physical objects blocking signal.

I seem to get best distance in wide open, remote spaces.

Yea I have tested that idea also and I've flown in lots of different places. The only reason I know something is wrong is because the way it was before. In the beginning it would lose or say weak image transmission signal about 1600 ft and the rc signal would be great ! Then I done the update And ever since it does what it does now!! I just wish I knew what to do! I have just been hoping someone would figure it out or have a similar problem!!

Yea I have tested that idea also and I've flown in lots of different places. The only reason I know something is wrong is because the way it was before. In the beginning it would lose or say weak image transmission signal about 1600 ft and the rc signal would be great ! Then I done the update And ever since it does what it does now!! I just wish I knew what to do! I have just been hoping someone would figure it out or have a similar problem!!
Yes, very difficult problem. I'm still using firmware from last year, and scared to update the Phantom.

Well I'm not entirely sure that's what happened to mine. But I do know it was wonderful before I upgraded . I really wish I just wouldn't have wasted the money for it! I bet you I have flown it less than 20times and I'm a poor man! Lol $500.00 is a lot to me ! I just want to do my aerial photography I can't even get my whole yard in the pic without losing signal and rth activating !!

Mine is doing the same thing. Flew it for the first time this morning and out about 200 feet away it lost signal and notified me it was going to do a return to home. The guy I bought it from had jut done a firmware update the night before and had had no problems prior. I was still in control of the camera and gimbal the whole time but it landed flawlessly. Signal returned about mid way through the return. It's almost like a radio lockout. I'm looking that it may be transmitter related though as I found that the antenna had been knocked loose at the knuckle. Any help would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4