P3S vs P3A vs P3P Comparison

Reaction score
Compiled this using the spec sheets on DJI's website
Full image: http://i.imgur.com/TNI1LIC.jpg

TNI1LIC.jpg

A little annoyed by the fact that the P3S can record higher resolution video than the P3A

Must confess that one baffled me as well. I have the Pro but the S has close to the same (2.7 instead of 4K like I could tell the difference to be honest!) I do think the main difference is not about the camera but the bird and the live view as this is considerably shorter (in theory) than the A or P.

I paid a grand (GBP) last week for the P so seeing the S come out at a considerably cheaper price does make me wonder, but having said that I had the choice of A or P and went for the P so I am guessing I'd have done that if I'd had the choice of the S as well. I particularly love the distances I can get perfect HD video back so the S would have reduced that considerably.

But most of all, the simple fact is I have fallen totally in love with my P3P and having flown it today with the new firmware and software, i am more than happy with what I've got for what I paid so that's fine :) I can see a lot of people being very attracted to the new S though. Vastly superior to the FC40 the next one down that has a camera already attached. If someone is wanting to go for a GoPro to get better quality (The FC40 is nowhere near as good frankly) then the FC40 is fine if they can put up with the short flight times and the crappy live view connection. That is what I had (still have but is now up for sale!) but I put a GoPro Hero4 on it and the quality of video was far better. Only problem was the fact it still has no gimbal. Could add one but that is what led me to the P3 in the first place :)

Hey ho, there's always something new on the horizon I guess.

Reactions: lotusteve
Also- I just did a chat with DJI- the standard only has 1km range on transmitter. P3 Pro and Advanced has 2km.

POI, Follow me and other great features "coming soon"! Hahaha! Bet the P3S gets em before we do!
Oh DJI........

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Friend has just asked me about the S, I can see it has a range of 1km but what is the live feed range via wifi, and is the extender going to be a add on for it at a later date or is the live feed (FPV) good for 1km out the box. Anyone know

Also- I just did a chat with DJI- the standard only has 1km range on transmitter. P3 Pro and Advanced has 2km.

According to their web site and video the standard has roughly half a mile range which is less than 1km. Bottom line tho is range will vary plus or minus regardless of which Phantom you use. It all comes down to the environment you're flying in.

Friend has just asked me about the S, I can see it has a range of 1km but what is the live feed range via wifi, and is the extender going to be a add on for it at a later date or is the live feed (FPV) good for 1km out the box. Anyone know

Go to RHI web site it looks to me like the wifi range extender is built into the controller itself. It still has a HD live feed that they say is good to half a mile, or 1/3 the range of the Pro and Advanced.

Ah so the wifi booster is built into the transmitter, if it's good for anywhere near 1km that seems pretty good to me for someone just starting out. I have a old phantom that runs FPV through wifi and I managed to boost it to around the 1km mark but it was a lot of messing about setting up that's for sure and I don't miss them days. If the S uses the same 5.8ghz transmitter that came on the old phantom tho it defo won't go any further than 1km, I lost transmitter signal before FPV feed most of the time when flying around the 700m to 900m mark with the 5.8ghz. The S might be perfect for my mate starting out.

There is no Lightbridge in the P3S. The 1 km range is just that, without it. With the Lightbridge setup, in the P3P, that 2 km can actually be 2.7 miles in optimal conditions! 1 km v. 2.7 miles with a completely stock setup.:cool:

If you can stretch the extra £££ avoid the p3s if you want any distance at all or want some in the future, Modding one is a waste of money if that's your intention long term.

That said if you ALREADY own one then is not a waste, im just trying to point out the gains you get are not worth it as you could have spent that money on a p3a and not had to mod it.

Otherwise if range is not a problem you get longer flight times and the best camera in the phantom 3 range. ..

I had the standard for about 3 days before I purchased the pro. Pro is in a different league to the standard. I could barely hit 500m on the S. Out of the box, I got the P to 3800m completely stock.

Camera on the Pro kills the Standard. Who wants 2.7k??? I'd rather 1080p as it can be displayed natively on most TVs and monitors.

Yeah I know they can, that's why I'm saying I'd prefer 1080p over 2.7k. Why mess around with an oddball resolution like 2.7? 1080 will playback on most screens natively. 2.7k will require re-endcoding. Camera on the Pro kills the Standard purely for the option of recording in UHD as UHD screens are becoming more common now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4