P3s vs P3a vs bebop 2 with skycontroller

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am in the market for a drone. I have had basic experience but I am looking for either a Phantom 3 standard or advanced or the bebop 2 with skycontroller.
Ideally the P3s is the best bundle but I have heard some off putting things about the range of the aircraft.
The bebop 2 with skycontroller is the second best option in terms of price but the camera does lack compared to the competition
The advanced is perfect but is very expensive (for me ;) )
Can someone advise me into what to go for?

Depends on budget, but standard is very good if you are looking getting into higher level flying. The GPS really helps keep the phantom 3 steady in the air. Distance is relative and depends on how far you want to fly without being able to visually see the craft. On this forum you will find ways to increase the distance on the standard or advanced. The controller's for the phantom are great and open to modifications.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depends on budget, but standard is very good if you are looking getting into higher level flying. The GPS really helps keep the phantom 3 steady in the air. Distance is relative and depends on how far you want to fly without being able to visually see the craft. On this forum you will find ways to increase the distance on the standard or advanced. The controller's for the phantom are great and open to modifications.

Yes the standard does seem the best option but the bebop does have larger range.
My budges is around £500
I do want a larger range but the standard is a better drone

I hear it can reach that far, but it can just as easily lose connection fairly close to home

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hear it can reach that far, but it can just as easily lose connection fairly close to home

Yes that is true I have heard the same.
They both have there pros and cons but I am struggling to find a winner here.
Dji P3s:
Better camera
More reliable imo
Bebop 2 with skycontroller:
Better range

The standard will be fine for a few weeks, then you limited by range and then you will sell it and buy an advanced. Buy right the first time :) light bridge is the way forward!

The standard will be fine for a few weeks, then you limited by range and then you will sell it and buy an advanced. Buy right the first time :) light bridge is the way forward!
So you think I should get the standard. I am in the uk so the range is 500m. I do like the look of the standard its seems a great package.

light bridge is obviously better, but I read of many PH 3 std reaching good range.

Range range range, blah blah blah. Realistically, if you are using the drone for what it's designed for, that is taking videos and pictures then the standard is ideal. It's crash proof and the range is plenty as standard (5000ft or 1500m is achievable in the UK with no mods) - if however you simply want to push the stick forward until it looses connection and then flies back to you then get something with a longer range. Although I mile is perfectly adequate for me.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Range range range, blah blah blah. Realistically, if you are using the drone for what it's designed for, that is taking videos and pictures then the standard is ideal. It's crash proof and the range is plenty as standard (5000ft or 1500m is achievable in the UK with no mods) - if however you simply want to push the stick forward until it looses connection and then flies back to you then get something with a longer range. Although I mile is perfectly adequate for me.

Good point but the range of the standard is limited to 500m in the uk so I doubt that a stock standard will get 1500m. Have you got this type of range with no mods?

I'm sure I'm already provided the picture showing 1600+ meters but here it is again. No mods.

3bebad4fc290a2c2067a702fe326e87b.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
I'm sure I'm already provided the picture showing 1600+ meters but here it is again. No mods.

3bebad4fc290a2c2067a702fe326e87b.jpg
Where did you fly it? Maybe you just got a good one out of the box as normally people can't get more that 500m as that is what dji state the range is in ce mode

Unless someone doesn't adequately tighten props, then it'll fall out of the sky and break

I was in a similar position and I got the Phantom3 standard. If you can afford the advanced then go for it but for me this is the perfect setup and blows me away with how good the whole thing is.
I got a skysurfer and half a mile range is easily possible, I'm in the uk too.

I may get a DBS upgrade and double the range as it's fun - but not essential.

Do not buy the bebop. I've read countless reviews of them just flying away and in comparison to the DJI range they just look no where near as accomplished. I nearly got one and I know now it would have been a mistake and I'd have regretted it. Get the standard.

Reactions: firestars
Unless someone doesn't adequately tighten props, then it'll fall out of the sky and break

If that happens then that person shouldn't really be around drones to be fair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20