P3S to P3A........Is it worth it ?

Reaction score
im strongly thinking about buying a refurbed p3a,........ is the upgrade from a p3s just kinda worth it.......or would i be wowed by the p3a ?

Depends on your type of flying.
The Lightbridge over wifi is a wow factor
I have both the standard and advanced
the standard is a dust collector

thanks for the input budman. does the dual gps link make much of a difference ? i usually get 9 -11 sats with the standard and it seems quite steady , but i wouldnt trust it to land on its own in the tight area i normally take off from.

Hey I have the same thought. Also wanted a refurb. I have done research for 3 months. Just waiting for my birthday. I would highly consider it. Here are my reasons. Lightbridge slaps wifi in the face and laughs. In my standard, I can go 400m. The advanced can go about 3 miles. It has VPS which are these cameras and sensors on the bottom that help the drone hover indoors and make good landings. The cameras are the same. They are both 2.7k. The professional has 4K but I doubt a lot of people own a 4K tv or monitor. Will be formatted anyway. The controller is way better. It has more options and buttons. 2 antennas rather than one. It feels expensive not like Legos. Battery time is a little lower due to the VPS. Dual GPS system too. Double the accuracy and satellites. The prices are a $100 difference. Hope all this helps out. GOOD LUCK!

Yes. It is a great upgrade. The P3A is way, way better than the P3S.
Once you get used to the P3A you'll wonder how you ever managed with a P3S.

Some will tell you to add argtek etc. to your P3S. With the best will in the world, it's still totally inferior to a P3A in every way.

Hell yeah.. Had a standard... Two days later got a swap for the advanced.... Never looked back

I am also considering an advanced. My standard has been great so far but the limited range limited the possibilities in a remote area.

Having a P3P that had a board failure I see the Advanced as a wise buy. Without the overheating issues brought on by 4K using more juice and bad heat sinks, with 3 times the range of the Standard the A model is sweet.

A word to the wise- if you go 4K and get a monitor or TV that will display it whatever you do DON'T let your significant other selfie closeup with the drone camera. 4K res will turn large pores into Crater Lakes, triggering a self confidence meltdown and also a dislike of your new hobby.

Just my thinking, and there are SO many variables for such a discussion.

But, as an early entry hobbiest in the quad arena....to me, P3A is the "sweet spot."

Any less and you are notably on the short end in terms of range, techonology,etc.....

Any more, and you risk more in terms of bird loss.... as well as 4K editing issues, and what not.

I don't have anything in my home that is 4K related, so that's just me.

BUT.... There are those that need more than what my P3A has to offer...

But for me, the P3A was a very wise choice.....

Never looking back, and no reason to "upscale" for my enjoyment!

Reactions: macoman
If you are serious about flying, upgrade to P3A or higher may be a wiser proposal. If you are a casual flier, stay with what you have.

Going from the standard to the advanced is a big step up in technology, I personally went from the standard to the advanced and I love it, first of all the RC is a big upgrade it was like going from a toy controller to a professional another plus I s that your batteries from your standard will work on the advanced.

Going from the standard to the advanced is a big step up in technology, I personally went from the standard to the advanced and I love it, first of all the RC is a big upgrade it was like going from a toy controller to a professional another plus I s that your batteries from your standard will work on the advanced.
I am considering an advanced but waiting to see if they get more cheaper.

Just thinking about the Controller ... "first of all the RC is a big upgrade it was like going from a toy controller to a professional " ..... ??

Compared to the usual Transmitter used in RC hobby - the outward style and appearance of the DJI along with most other 'Drone" controllers are 'toys' !! Regardless of what model you have ...

Nigel

I am considering an advanced but waiting to see if they get more cheaper.

Doubt it - if anything like over here ... the Adv and Pro models are snapped up quick ...

Nigel

Doubt it - if anything like over here ... the Adv and Pro models are snapped up quick ...

Nigel
That's probably true, look at the standard... it is still at the same price and sometimes they get even more expensive.

Hello all, I am looking to sell my very barely used P3P and the few accessories I have, one of which is the Marco Polo tracker ( which sells for over $200 ) I have had around 25 flights, never once crashed or a rough landing. Came with silver suitcase type case included asking $800

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj