P3S (Standard) Linking Problems

Reaction score
I had just posted a linking problem but it finally resolved itself by continual messing with the wifi connection. The iPad 2 Air will give you WiFi options under settings, I had to toggle back and forth between the DJI Wifi and the Internet Wifi before I finally got everything to sync up and the DJI GO to finally do what it was suppose to do. You have to use your head and realize when you need to go back and connect to the internet and then go back and connect with the DJI Wifi, it is a pain in the ***, but if you do it, eventually, you will get everything working.

I had just posted a linking problem but it finally resolved itself by continual messing with the wifi connection. The iPad 2 Air will give you WiFi options under settings, I had to toggle back and forth between the DJI Wifi and the Internet Wifi before I finally got everything to sync up and the DJI GO to finally do what it was suppose to do. You have to use your head and realize when you need to go back and connect to the internet and then go back and connect with the DJI Wifi, it is a pain in the ***, but if you do it, eventually, you will get everything working.

Hi Agent Orange. Can you please compare/contrast the P3P to the P3S once you get some stick time with it? I have an order for the P3S and it should ship on Thursday. I just want to make sure I am getting the right thing. I currently have a P2 V2 with ImmersionRC 600 mw 5.8 GHz TX and dual diversity receiver. I can get around 1000m which is fine for what I use it for.

I had seen a review for the P3S pre-production that complained about the range. Any info would be greatly appreciated including range and any latency in the video compared to the P3A/P with Lightbridge

Also, once you go through the Wifi setup, is it all set or do you need to do the sync up every time you want to use it?

I have an iPad Mini 2 LTE that I plan to use for it. I just modified an Inspire 1 tablet holder and grafted it onto a P2 Vision Plus cell phone mount and it seems like it will be really solid once if/when I get the P3S.

I was finally able to set the height and distance and the maximum that the DJI GO will allow with the P3S, you to enter is 500M. The P3S's remote controller has very little dials and such, it basically a very simplistic set up, the S2 switch you toggle is basically good for one thing, RTH. The S1 switch for calibrating only. The flight modes are all controlled from the phone or tablet you use. If you have the DJI Pilot App and want to keep it and not use the GO app, then you need to use a new phone or tablet. I made the mistake of downloading the GO app and it replaced the Pilot App which I wanted to keep because you can set higher limits on distance. Right now I am trying to find someone that has the original Pilot App so that I can somehow get my hands on it and downloaded to my new iPad Air 2 wifi/cell. I am not sure, but I think in time people will want to go back to the original Pilot App for the P3P, but only time will tell if that will happen.

DJI is curbing how people fly with their Aircraft and doing it through updates and **** like that. So if your thinking that you will be able to fly a mile or so with the P3S, you won't, your max distance is .62 miles.

I have not downloaded the P3P's GO App yet, so I do not know what flight limits are set with it. Now, when you go to download the GO App you have to select the model of your P3. Where I made my mistake is that I used my P3P tablet that already had the DJI Pilot App on it to download the GO app. I did not realize or know that when I downloaded that GO app it would replace my Pilot App. I thought it would have a seperate App showing in the App page.

Either go with the P3P or P3A if you want distance.

Thanks for the response.

If the P3S really has a maximum, software defined/imposed limit of 500 meters, that is a deal killer for me. I would rather stick with the P2 V2 FPV setup. I am not trying to set any long distance records but if the P3S is capable of 1000 meters, I don't know why they would limit it to 500 meters.

I am going to cancel my pre-order on the P3S...

500m high, not horizontal distance, same as the other p3 line, is to avoid stupid things from users... Even them 500m high is a long way...

500m high, not horizontal distance, same as the other p3 line, is to avoid stupid things from users... Even them 500m high is a long way...

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, 500m high is way higher than I plan on flying. It makes sense because I saw a posting on RCG with someone that flew the P3S 1900 meters away, in the clear. I thought maybe the latest app version restricted that.

Thanks again!

After updating my P3P, I am stuck with the same limits on height and distance as the P3S, 500 meters. Here again, being told how to fly by corporation exec's.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik