P3S signal loss - DJI feedback

Reaction score
I've been having issues with signal loss(RTH @ 30m), just had feedback from the hobby shop that ( according to DJI) that there is an issue with the drone. Do any of you experienced the same? It appears that this is a common problem. I'm a bit p&&d off choosing the standard, for a bit more got $ go for the P3A

Did you setup your device properly? If using an Apple device, do this. If using an Android device, do this.

Plus i cant return it cause im out of US and sending back fromm here will cost the same price as drone

Had no problems for the first 3 weeks then the problems started. I ordered the DBS mod and still waiting for it (I'm in South Africa) hope the issue with the craft is not a big issue

I regret very much i didnt go for advanced. Extra 300$. Just two three weekends staying in. Not partying.

My nightmare(and many other people's too) attached.

Attachments

• 1449595935453.jpg
    1449595935453.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 369
I have the same issue. It started with the September firmware update. I made noise on the Dji website forum. Once, Dji Patrick stated that Dji was aware of and were working on the problem. Since then, he has just said to refer to service for confirmation. Whatever that means. I am not willing to send in my Phantom for 4 to 6 weeks to be charged for a repair for something they will say I did. When it is commonly known the P3S has this issue. I suppose the number of P3S sales is small compared to Dji's overall volume of sales, so they aren't concerned about it. Maybe that will change. There is no way they can pretend not to know about this.

Mine has been in for repairs for 4 weeks now. I'm getting withdraws miss my bird

It started with the September firmware update.

I've got a P3S on the way. Really looking forward to trying it, but some of these threads are giving me pause. If the control range issue is related to the September firmware, is it possible to ignore a notification in the Go app to perform the f/w upgrade? Or does it force it on you? Has anyone tried rolling back to a previous version to see if the range is back to normal?

I've got a P3S on the way. Really looking forward to trying it, but some of these threads are giving me pause. If the control range issue is related to the September firmware, is it possible to ignore a notification in the Go app to perform the f/w upgrade? Or does it force it on you? Has anyone tried rolling back to a previous version to see if the range is back to normal?
I don't think you can go backwards, It's seems to be in some case's like mine that it happens after firmware update. I believe it is a failure of component in the remote or bird that has to be replaced. What I think is mistake is trying to make modifications to improve a unit that is already defective. Put more money into a unit that is broke.

Plus i cant return it cause im out of US and sending back fromm here will cost the same price as drone
Do you have to send it to the states, I am sure you got two bad units, that is usually my luck.:(

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard | Page 6 | DJI Phantom Forum

Look at #115 and go backwards a little.

Dji says you do not have to do the firmware update and the P3 will still fly. You can not roll back the firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik