P3S shipped with gimbal clamp loose

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my P3S and the gimbal clamp was loose when it came out of the box. It was covering the lens but not slotted into the lock.

I wanted to know if this is like a death sentence for the gimbal? If so I just want to box it back up and refuse it, and maybe make the return process easier vs trying to use it.

Thanks
Mike

This is a common occurrence with the Phantom 3. Everything is probably just fine though. Fire it up and check it out.

you can fire it up and see if its okay if not return it

You will need to do a gimbal calibration anyway.
I received a UAV from Atlanta via Fedex and they forgot to put the gimbal lock on. Was shipped in a good case though. No issues.

Thanks guys. Didn't have time to do anything with it last night but have batteries charged so hoping to get it set up after work today and confirm all is well.

Nice little piece of kit for $400!

My original P3S gimbal clamp was loose. and no lens cap.
Worked as good as my P2V+

Did a firmware update, had remote range issues. Sent in for repair.
Got back a different remote and bird, gimbal clamp loose, got a lens cap and a mobile mount.
No paper work.
Worked like it should.

Had to send that unit in for repair, lost power in head wind on RTH, dropped 225'.
Got the same bird and same remote back, gimbal clamp loose.
Paper work and a bill $286.00
Worked like it should.

Did a firmware update, had remote range issues.
Had to send that unit in for repair.
Got back different remote, same bird, replaced ESC Center Board & MC & MC Receiver 900M, gimbal clamp loose.
Worked like it should? Remote part yes, video image not sure yet, seems to be weaker than it used to be.

My P2V+ was defective out of the box, had send it in for repair.
Worked like it should
Then I lost it in the woods.

So hopefully you have better luck,
and you won't have to change the word kit to **it.
:rolleyes:

Nice little piece of kit for $400!

lol. I took my first flight last night and everything appears to be good. I even updated the firmware with no issues! Flew around a christmas tree farm and got up to 385' alt, and around 900ft out and everything went well (still had full signal at that distance). It's a little intimidating but actually easy to fly compared to my cheaper/play quads.

My p3 4k arrived without the gimbal properly locked and no lens cover.

I completed the firmware update before the first flight and it worked very well, couldn't be happier!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj