P3S service bin?

Reaction score
I've tried a whole bunch of things to downgrade and get back to drone that can fly to the specs that it says on the box. After this new update (1.5.7) a lot of people are complaining about signal loss at low altitudes, botched updates and now they can't complete the update because the system thinks it is completely loaded, battery issues and instability during flight.

I've been going through old posts and something interesting came my way, a special bin file that wipes the system and allows you to install a fresh, any version of the firmware. Unfortunately this file does not work with the new updates of today, but this bin file was from DJI and was called a service bin.

Now i'm sure there is an updated service bin and i'm almost 100% certain that DJI uses this bin when they have to perform repairs to the drones people send in. The question is, who has this service bin file.

If you try to downgrade using the app you'll notice that function has gone, it has gone because the new 1.5.7 has restrictions placed on the drone, restrictions that help DJI suck up to authorities like the FAA and restrictions to help with their turnover.

Please whoever has this file share it, DJI's update has grounded a lot flyers.

If you try to downgrade using the app you'll notice that function has gone, it has gone because the new 1.5.7 has restrictions placed on the drone, restrictions that help DJI suck up to authorities like the FAA and restrictions to help with their turnover.
New restrictions?
I disagree with this part, any units that get messed up are going to be under warranty, which costs them money and makes us that have failures looking for a different brand. There are a lot of units that are working fine on 1.5.7, mine of coarse is DJI's hands due to this update.

2016-05-09_11-32-18.png

Very good find on the service.bin, we were both headed on the theory of some kind of master reset.:D
This type of file must have been leaked out.

So does this file / link not work on yours?
DJI Phantom 3 Firmware

Last edited:
well the restrictions are there so you don't send your drone either too far or too high or undo any of the restrictions they have put in place. And these restrictions have been noted not just with the std but also adv and pro as well as the phantom 4. when i say restrictions i mean on the usability of the drone, they no longer perform as advertised. i think i saw somewhere on the forum a guy did a test of RC signal strength and he found the signal to have been halved. maybe it was real, maybe it wasn't but there is no denying that they no longer perform how they once did or how they were advertised to. And turnover i mean DJI's turnover, they will make more money off this update. Think Apple when i say that.

Yes i also found that site and no the link doesn't work. my heart was skipping when i saw that and then dropped dead when it wouldn't open

i think i saw somewhere on the forum a guy did a test of RC signal strength and he found the signal to have been halved. maybe it was real, maybe it wasn't but there is no denying that they no longer perform how they once did or how they were advertised to.
Yeah that was I,
No signal after update

Before
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
After
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

This has happened to me before.
In August, When I got it back if flew like it was supposed to.

You should make a post on that web sight your results.
DJI Phantom 3 Firmware

The website doesn't work.
Did you download the file, or you can't make a post?

ADDED: The date on the binfile is June 29th, almost a year old.

Did you download the file, or you can't make a post?

ADDED: The date on the binfile is June 29th, almost a year old.
Just adding $.02.
The link does open a thread, and I can download from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

the website doesn't work and neither does the service bin file (downloaded from else where). it is too old. it was designed for pre 1.3 . so have to keep looking for a more recent version. my other theory is to find an actual downgrade fw download. this function was available previously but even then the bios of the phantom only installs fws which are newer eg you cannot install 1.4 if you are running 1.5 or 1.3 if you are running 1.4. but since the function was there that means when you would do it through the app, it would download a fw that enables a roll back. my best guess is the fw used to downgrade is different from the fw used to update. the only thing now is to find someone who has actually done a downgrade through the app when it was available to use and see if they have a log of it. i'm sure the file used will be different.

Thoughts on the bin file (June 2015)
The standard wasn't on the market yet, I bought mine 8/8/2015 it had been out less than a week.
Have you found any posts if the service.bin has every worked on a Std?
Any other posts based on your battery problem?

no helpful posts. as far as i know the service.bin is universal through out the DJI range. the architecture is the same for all the models just the functions are different. For example the P3P and P3A will both have a lightbridge bin FW but whats in each of the .bin files will be different but the format will be the same, likewise with P3P P3A P3S they all have a camera .bin but whats inside is different. the service bin just wipes that so it works through out the range. i know for a fact there is a new service.bin file but it's in the hands of DJI and their repair teams around the world. i am almost certain that the only people to be able to access the bootloader are DJI themselves and i'm sure their repair teams are not able to access it. based on that thinking the possibility of new versions of the service.bin file become more real. when you botch an update you send your drone to them, so how do they fix that. I am sure that with every new update that comes out of the research and development department at DJI a new service.bin also is released but only to authorized repair shops. if anyone has a friend at one of these places then if he tried hard enough i'm sure he could get his hands on the file. after all DJI repairs are pretty simple. almost all the parts are available from the motors to the motherboard to the gps unit to the body shell. some of those parts are seriously expensive, but most repairs by DJI are with a replace ethic not a fix ethic. i know for a fact that this fw issue we have can be fixed by just buying a new motherboard. the motherboard comes with V1.3 (problem solved) but its like buying half a drone, it's that expensive. DJI won't throw away good motherboards just because someone got a call while he was updating they use the service.bin.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj