P3S RTH or Not Owning and Posting

Reaction score
For the record, the P3Standard does have a RTH function and it works. You can toggle the S-2 switch a couple of times and it will initiate the RTH and if you want to cancel the RTH as it is flying back to you, then all you have to do is Toggle the S-1 switch one time and then you regain control of the aircraft.

I wanted to post this because in another thread there were a bunch of other pilots raising hell about the P3 Standards RTH function and some actually believing that the P3S did not have the RTH function and even more stupid, were the negative comments about the switch not being a button. You can also initiate the RTH from the DJI GO app on your screen.

What was even crazier was the fact that many of the pilots posting negative comments about the P3S don't own one. If you do not own a Particular Model of P3, then you don't need to be posting about a Phantom you do not own and have direct experience with. Second hand knowledge of a Phantom model does not make you qualified to say anything, regardless of how many YouTube Video's you have watched. Buy one, then post.

But isn't that hByow forums work? A small amount of sensible advice swamped by mindless comments, armchair advice and pointless replies (like this one!)

It would all be a bit dull otherwise.

No, I totally disagree. This particular forum is for disseminating information that is to be beneficial and make pilots better pilots and safer flying pilots and help pilots save money. By interjecting half truths, non truths or total ******** hurts everyone and ruins public perception of the industry.

Since you live in England and do not own a Phantom whatsoever, then your posting is hurting not helping, regardless if you think it is funny or not. It is called being "Dishonest". If however, you make posts and state that your response is just an observation based upon second hand knowledge, then people will understand that you have no direct knowledge. That is being Honest. Just be honest in your posts and you will get no complaints from me or any other owner.

I Mentioned England only because we have different guidelines to fly by in our respective countries.

Last edited:
There was never a button until the P3 came out and all the birds had RTH function.
I don't understand why people don't read the instructions prior to guessing things when it is right there in black & white.

Reactions: dirkclod
If you do not own a Particular Model of P3, then you don't need to be posting about a Phantom you do not own and have direct experience with. Second hand knowledge of a Phantom model does not make you qualified to say anything
There are some people with first hand knowledge that shouldn't be posting either ;)

No, I totally disagree. This particular forum is for disseminating information that is to be beneficial and make pilots better pilots and safer flying pilots and help pilots save money. By interjecting half truths, non truths or total ******** hurts everyone and ruins public perception of the industry.

Since you live in England and do not own a Phantom whatsoever, then your posting is hurting not helping, regardless if you think it is funny or not. It is called being "Dishonest". If however, you make posts and state that your response is just an observation based upon second hand knowledge, then people will understand that you have no direct knowledge. That is being Honest. Just be honest in your posts and you will get no complaints from me or any other owner.

I Mentioned England only because we have different guidelines to fly by in our respective countries.

Whilst my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I was making the serious point that the majority of forums are heavily populated by armchair experts and bar room lawyers. Trying to stop them is akin to the Danish price who told the tide to stop coming in, however annoying it may be.

This is not an exclusive club, the forum is open to all... whether you own a Phantom or not.
@AgentOrange2015 - leave the moderating to the admins & mods. They are the professionals. ;)

Agreed, this is an Open Forum, but as such, there still needs to be rules of decorum when posting. But when people post on topics they have no business posting on and their posts does more harm than good for newcomers, beginners and even the seasoned Pro when it comes to securing valuable information these people seek, everybody looses and gets off point or off subject. Case in point, The RTH function for the PS3 in another thread. It become totally ridiculous in the postings.

I am Advocating Truth in Postings and if you find out your wrong about something, then tell people and not be afraid to say so. Last time I looked, this forum is for "PHANTOM PILOTS". That clearly indicates ownership of a Phantom regardless of Model.

What I have seen in other Forums are the supposed experts in various fields posting about how much they know and legitimize their standings because they have a store which in turn offers you help to everyone and the simple truth is that they are using that particular forum to sell their products and such. By creating confusion, they offer solutions to the very confusion they are responsible for creating, but for a PRICE.

Phantom 3's regardless of model, have not been out 6 months, but yet we have all these experts posting on them. We are all in the early stages of ownership and in time, hopefully, a rock solid product will be available and I bet it happens. People, remember this,this is still a very young industry or profession, your on the fore front, so be thankful for that and try to be helpful and honest with the rest of us who are doing the same.

The forum is indeed named Phantom Pilots but ownership of a Phantom is not required. Many folks come here because they are thinking about investing in the hobby... would you want to exclude them? If the forum operated on your logic they would not have access to learn about their possible future purchase.

We all want informative, useful, truthful post, I'm sure we can all agree on that point. But this is after all used by humans, and as humans we sometimes make mistakes, act up, act silly and occasionally we educate others. We want members to be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas, and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. That is our goal.

The reason I am here and the other mods and admins as we want a better experience for the users. I have been here since before the forum changed formats, even before the current owners that run it now. I have seen members come & go and models change and improve. One of the biggest changes has been in the way the forum flows. This mainly occurred with the release of the P3. It's appeal was strong, and DJI had made a name for themselves and people knew just what that flying contraption was when they saw one. The P3 section is very active and popular. Having that many new members at once from all over, issues were bound to arise.

When you make a statement about how the P3 has only been around for 6 months you forget how many of us were here flying before you knew what a DJI was. There are members here with thousands of flight hours that are highly skilled UAV pilots. When you think about it the P3 is an upgraded P2, so many of us are very familiar with the basics without owning one. Don't discount someone because they don't own a particular model. We can't stop people from posting incorrect information but if you can politely debate or challenge the information you feel is wrong you may be able to educate the poster and others who read it.

It all comes down to being polite and positive when posting. If you see an issue you feel is outside the guidelines, by all means, smash that report button and let the guys who are here for just that reason handle it. That way you don't need to lower yourself in an internet fight with other members. We are always here to help out and to keep the forum organized.

The forum is indeed named Phantom Pilots but ownership of a Phantom is not required. Many folks come here because they are thinking about investing in the hobby... would you want to exclude them? If the forum operated on your logic they would not have access to learn about their possible future purchase.

We all want informative, useful, truthful post, I'm sure we can all agree on that point. But this is after all used by humans, and as humans we sometimes make mistakes, act up, act silly and occasionally we educate others. We want members to be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas, and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. That is our goal.

The reason I am here and the other mods and admins as we want a better experience for the users. I have been here since before the forum changed formats, even before the current owners that run it now. I have seen members come & go and models change and improve. One of the biggest changes has been in the way the forum flows. This mainly occurred with the release of the P3. It's appeal was strong, and DJI had made a name for themselves and people knew just what that flying contraption was when they saw one. The P3 section is very active and popular. Having that many new members at once from all over, issues were bound to arise.

When you make a statement about how the P3 has only been around for 6 months you forget how many of us were here flying before you knew what a DJI was. There are members here with thousands of flight hours that are highly skilled UAV pilots. When you think about it the P3 is an upgraded P2, so many of us are very familiar with the basics without owning one. Don't discount someone because they don't own a particular model. We can't stop people from posting incorrect information but if you can politely debate or challenge the information you feel is wrong you may be able to educate the poster and others who read it.

It all comes down to being polite and positive when posting. If you see an issue you feel is outside the guidelines, by all means, smash that report button and let the guys who are here for just that reason handle it. That way you don't need to lower yourself in an internet fight with other members. We are always here to help out and to keep the forum organized.
house.gif

ya know he right.jpg

Modzilla,

Your correct on your points in response to what I originally posted. I am in no way advocating the EXCLUSION of anyone who wants to join Phantom Pilots. I just take exception to anyone who posts and does not own a Phantom and is making claims about how Phantoms operate, equipment problems and solutions.

My history with RC flying goes back to wire controlled gas engine planes. In the mid 80's a good friend had a RC plane but I was to poor to own one. That did not make me an expert on flying UAV because my friend owned one.

I will indeed hit the REPORT button if it is apparent that the posting is in violation of the forum rules, but will do so reluctantly. I enjoy a good laugh like the next guy and some of the posts are humorous, but when members begin attacking other members for their views, that is when I draw the line. I just ask that members behave and act like adults, which sometimes is not the case, unfortunately.

I really like it when I see posts by members dealing with equipment issues, specific models, problems and such. That is a way for all of us to learn something we may have questioned about our particular Phantom or Drone. It is therefore providing the future buyer with informative information that they can use to make an intelligent purchase.

I felt bad after a new member posted asking about a P3 Standard and it's flight limits. I told him it was limited to .63 miles, so he then posted he was cancelling his order because he believed it would fly farther. What the truth is on flight limits is still up for debate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj