P3S - RTH and Multiple Flight Modes

Reaction score
Hi All, Newbie here,

I have a questions that may have been answered already so sorry if I'm doubling up here.

Can the Return to Home function be activated whilst in a Multiple Flight Mode such as "Waypoint Mode"
than cancelled to regain full control?

I had a situation where I had to abort a Waypoint session and activated the RTH fuction. This avoided the imediate situation which worked prefectly, so I then cancelled RTH to regain control and the Phantom started heading straight back to where I had activated the RTH fuction avoiding the situation in the first place.

Any claification would be good.
thanks
Greg

That is strange behavior. Maybe you could tell us exactly what you did step by step.

When you say you "abort a waypoints mission", what exactly did you do to abort the waypoints mission? Be specific.

to abort, I toggled the S2 switch to activate RTH. This sent the bird up to RTH altitude (30mtrs). Once the bird was clear of the obstacle I cancelled RTH to control and that's when it reverted back to "Waypoints Mode"
I hope that makes things a little clearer.

Could it be the S2 switch doesn't abort the mission but just ignores it as it goes into RTH mode? Therefore it continued the mission after you cancelled RTH? I don't have a P3...

certainly looks like this is the case, something I'm going to test a bit further under a controlled condition.

Yeah u were smart too rth to avoid your obstacle but after cancelling rth u have to still cancel mission

Yeah u were smart too rth to avoid your obstacle but after cancelling rth u have to still cancel mission
thank you, something didn't know. Will certainly remember that, almost lost it for a 2nd time.:eek:, all ended well though.

What was it that got in your way?

What was it that got in your way?
Had a issue with a tree that jumping in the way o_O. No, seriously, I had set a way point route where the start was lower than the finish point. As the bird climbed towards the finish it wasn't going to clear the tree, so I had it act quickly to avoid a definate crash.

Had a issue with a tree that jumping in the way o_O. No, seriously, I had set a way point route where the start was lower than the finish point. As the bird climbed towards the finish it wasn't going to clear the tree, so I had it act quickly to avoid a definate crash.
Dang trees can be so rude! lol Good job anyways

Welcome to the forum BTW. Great group here

Was looking to see what else you had posted, I assume you now know to set you first way point above you to clear the trees, then continue on. I have tried way point flying just a few times, there is a lot of crashes because the first way point, good luck, scares the crap out of me. By the time I get like three or four marked I run out of battery, and I don't get it saved.
:eek:

Yeah, also, welcome to the forum!

Oh, they just fall from the sky...

Phantom turbulence

Rod

Was looking to see what else you had posted, I assume you now know to set you first way point above you to clear the trees, then continue on. I have tried way point flying just a few times, there is a lot of crashes because the first way point, good luck, scares the crap out of me. By the time I get like three or four marked I run out of battery, and I don't get it saved.
:eek:

Yeah, also, welcome to the forum!

Oh, they just fall from the sky...

Phantom turbulence

Rod
I'm w/ u they make me nervous as hell too. I just got a pro though and can't wait to use course lock. Sounds like l could get some great shots and keep her in 1 piece to.

I'm w/ u they make me nervous as hell too. I just got a pro though and can't wait to use course lock. Sounds like l could get some great shots and keep her in 1 piece to.
Course Lock is a great feature, I've used it to grab footage when flying past a focal point. Piece of mind knowing the bird will continue along that line.

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
Course Lock is a great feature, I've used it to grab footage when flying past a focal point. Piece of mind knowing the bird will continue along that line.
Another thing I have not tried, Should have seen me go underneath my Toyota 4runner when I thought I had ATTI mode mastered. I was trying to set up Way Point flying, had to cancel because of low battery. I tried to bring down faster, the stupid bells and whistles and flashing crap on the screen made me in a hurry, bounced in to one rig then bounced to the ground, and caught underneath the Toyota, and the props were burning up the tire. It was probably saved on my security camera, hopefully gone by now, holds 60 days.

Rod

Another thing I have not tried, Should have seen me go underneath my Toyota 4runner when I thought I had ATTI mode mastered. I was trying to set up Way Point flying, had to cancel because of low battery. I tried to bring down faster, the stupid bells and whistles and flashing crap on the screen made me in a hurry, bounced in to one rig then bounced to the ground, and caught underneath the Toyota, and the props were burning up the tire. It was probably saved on my security camera, hopefully gone by now, holds 60 days.

Rod
lol, if it's still on there it's your duty to show us

Yeah, I might look for it, :rolleyes:

ADDED:
Must have never happened.;)
This was about a week before Memorial Day.
Oldest date on my camera system June 8th, must be set for 90 days.

Rod

Last edited:
Yeah, I might look for it, :rolleyes:
If u find it l may even show 1 of the dog head butting in the u know what when l was TRYING to fly. If the oll girl still has it on her phone. Still think she trained him to do that!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20