P3S: Repeating RTH

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard: 150' up, 200yds out, kept going to Return To Home (RTH). Each time I X'd out, returning to normal; w/i seconds went to RTH again. Repeated 7 - 8 times. Calibrated as usual before takeoff. Flt mode P.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

RTH pblm revisited. Again yesterday, noticed repeating messages on Android screen, Controller connection weak, & Lost. Each time connection lost, of course went into RTH. Was within sight, < 200' alt. Hadn't noticed before because of difficulty seeing Android screen in bright daylight glare. Yesterday had it in a box I made & operated in shade of a big tree. Flight logs - still looking. AZ ScreenRecorder works well.

Could you please clarify? From what I understand is every time you takeoff from the ground it shoots off and does an RTH?

If that's the case I would kick the Phantom into ATTI mode to cancel out the automatic controls...

Yep, my posting on this thread was premature, shld've done more research before. My pblm is not that he goes into RTH mode, which he correctly does when controller signal is lost, but why signal is lost when I have the quad in sight - w/i 200 yds.

If your in a warning zone which for dji is most of the world you have to log into go app with celluar data or wifi, if you are flying on a tablet without either you can connect with your phone then unplug and connect to your tablet

Yep, my posting on this thread was premature, shld've done more research before. My pblm is not that he goes into RTH mode, which he correctly does when controller signal is lost, but why signal is lost when I have the quad in sight - w/i 200 yds.

200 yards is all some people may get with their Phantoms. Depending on where you are flying, you will have interference from anything be it power lines, cell towers, WiFi networks, metal poles/buildings etc. The orientation of the aircraft and the position of the antenna of the remote influence your range too.

Returned to last takeoff point. Yep, power lines w/i 60 yds. Turned on quad & controller, started DJI GO - no takeoff. Under [Aircraft Status] _Radio channel quality / poor; Strong interference, fly wth caution. (OK *******, pay attention).
Went to another area, very large open field. No preflight caution msgs. No pblms till went to 400' alt. Then [Controller signal weak, then Connection lost] went into RTH. Flew low & close - no pblms. Chased a buzzard, 200' up, 1-200 yds out - Predictable signal lost, RTH.
iflyp3s may be rite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4