P3S Repaired after 2 crashes, new problems

Reaction score
P3S. First crash broke the grey video cable. I was still able to fly, and the video worked sometimes.

Second crash much more severe, broke the roll motor in half and of course the ribbon cable. If I pushed the motor back together, the drone would still fly using the transmitter, but of course, no video nor avionics came back to the phone.

I replaced the video antenna, and the roll motor and roll arm and ribbon cable. I now get video on the display, and some avionics display items.

When I try to launch the motors (on the workbench), it throws an error "Battery signal error", and the motors will not start. I have checked that the battery is fully inserted, and it definitely is.

Second error is that the every half second or so, the camera shifts up and back down a couple of degrees. Video too large to attach, posted on youtube -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any help is greately appreciated.

If anybody is following this thread, I repaired the first problem of "battery signal error" when I tried to spin up the motors. Not surprisingly, it was self-inflicted. When I reassembled the drone, I did not correctly position the battery connectors. In doing so, I broke off a small post at the bottom that it uses for positioning, as well as the screw-ear.

Fortunately, I was able to crazy-glue both back on. I let it set up for a few hours, then reassembled it all, and it works! I took it out flying yesterday and today, and all seems right with that.

Now I just have to solve the gimbal jitters problem ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers