P3s range in Uk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking to buy a P3s in the Uk but the range of it seems very bad compared to that of a bebop 2 with skycontroller. The P3s is cheaper but it is worth it if the range is bad?
Can someone verify what the realistic range is for a fairly built up area In the uk?

i have been having a few range problems with my p3s. if i fly on my estate i get about 30m before interference casuses me to land. i only fly on my estate to check settings etc that i have read about on here. so hover just over the hosue to check camera settings etc.

controlling it is fine its the video signal as it uses wifi.

take it out the countryside and i have had 320m with perfect signal and could of gone further

i have been having a few range problems with my p3s. if i fly on my estate i get about 30m before interference casuses me to land. i only fly on my estate to check settings etc that i have read about on here. so hover just over the hosue to check camera settings etc.

controlling it is fine its the video signal as it uses wifi.

take it out the countryside and i have had 320m with perfect signal and could of gone further
Oh I see,
I am aiming to fly the P3s from my garden where we do have a few houses around. Would you recommend the P3s over the bebop 2 with the skycontroller or would I have to spend the extra to get the P3a?Ideally the P3a is the best overall but it is REALLY stretching the budget.

its recommended not fly around other people etc but its your choice really.

im new to the hobby so have no experience with the bebop. i did look at it when researching which to get but i didnt like the look of it. And i also hope to get the advanced or pro in the future so figured start with a DJI and learn the controls.

my p3s does suffer quite bad from interference but not sure what the advance is like. like i said though get away from houses and it will go more than enough for me.

all depends what you plan on using it for. i didnt want to spend too much to start with incase of crashes during learning but so far its been fairly easy to fly.

its recommended not fly around other people etc but its your choice really.

im new to the hobby so have no experience with the bebop. i did look at it when researching which to get but i didnt like the look of it. And i also hope to get the advanced or pro in the future so figured start with a DJI and learn the controls.

my p3s does suffer quite bad from interference but not sure what the advance is like. like i said though get away from houses and it will go more than enough for me.

all depends what you plan on using it for. i didnt want to spend too much to start with incase of crashes during learning but so far its been fairly easy to fly.
Yes I didn't want to spend much either, it's really for hobby use (I.e flying around in my spare time) not for photography or anything like that. It will also be my first "proper" quad.

you will be more happy with a phantom than a bebop

Reactions: Markhull
in the us just flew mine out over 2 miles bebop cant come close to that in uk things are different with range could add a dbs mod to controller would give you more range

yeah winsurfer that would work too and save you a lot of money

what is funny the bebop in us people are trying to just get rid of them for cheap

wasnt even phoning up to buy it lol. when i looked they had an offer where you got a free hard shell case. phoned up to see if the offer was still on and they said no. asked for any other offers and they told me about this one. 5 mins later i had paid lol

wasnt even phoning up to buy it lol. when i looked they had an offer where you got a free hard shell case. phoned up to see if the offer was still on and they said no. asked for any other offers and they told me about this one. 5 mins later i had paid lol
Lol I need ur luck :)

A great many factors will affect the range you'll get: atmospherics, terrain, altitude, trees, buildings etc, and particularly radio interference, however I regularly get between 2000 and 2500 feet in the UK (in 'CE mode') in a moderately wifi congested area. In a highly built up area with wifi & mobile phone overload, you'll get less, but in a more remote area with minimal wifi interference, 3000 feet or more is possible. I'm very happy with my Phantom 3 Standard - at its current price it's a real bargain, and when coupled with the Litchi app, it's phenomenal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers