P3S Price increase

Reaction score
Just checked the local JB Hi Fi prices for a P3S.

A few months ago they were $689AUS

Now they are $849AUS.

Conversely, the price of the Parrot Bebop 2 with Sky Controller has dropped to around $700AUS.

Interesting.

Reactions: R30Rush
I don't understand why these drones keep going up and down... They are electronic flying machines... So they should drop in price like computers or smartphones.

Yes, I thought the price would have been reduced.

You can get them on ebay for less than half that. Albeit refurbished.

I have two refurbished and you couldn't tell them from brand new in original sealed packaging.

I wish the darn batteries would drop in price...

I know a store that sells Phantom refurbished and it able to save big for the same quality ! you can check it on the website it's Verydrone, and there is a store too, located in south florida.

I wish the darn batteries would drop in price...
Yes, but it is the same as printer ink cartridges, Phantoms need batteries, Printers need paper and ink, so far the printer company's don't make you use there brand of paper. :rolleyes:

Rod

Yup I too saw the price increase. I budgeted for $689 then went in store and saw $849. Ended up asking them for their best deal and got it for $749. Decent compromise.

Yup I too saw the price increase. I budgeted for $689 then went in store and saw $849. Ended up asking them for their best deal and got it for $749. Decent compromise.

Strange. But better they are going up than down I suppose. Our investment is safe for now.

The P3S must still be in demand ?

Strange. But better they are going up than down I suppose. Our investment is safe for now.

Possible... There are other similar drones in the market, but they don't have the largest collection of parts that the phantom 3 have... Mods, parts, etc... Third party mod distributors have been making money just because of the immense popularity of DJI phantoms.

I'd say so. I don't think I've ever seen another drone out in the field other than a DJI. That said I've only flown mine about 3 times.

I will be surprised the day DJI stops producing standards. I haven't seen another drone on the market that offers automatic flight capabilities and a decent camera for a low cost that appeals to new fliers on a budget.
My guess is the standard will stick around until DJI can release another drone that appeals to new pilots who don't want to fly $1000 around in the air.

I will be surprised the day DJI stops producing standards. I haven't seen another drone on the market that offers automatic flight capabilities and a decent camera for a low cost that appeals to new fliers on a budget.
My guess is the standard will stick around until DJI can release another drone that appeals to new pilots who don't want to fly $1000 around in the air.
Agreed about the phantom standard... No everyone have $1000 available for a drone. I got my standard and this drone so far has not let me down. I don't think DJI will offer another drone with the same price range as the standard. I think their future drones is going to be around the $1000 dollars price range... Maybe less, maybe more. I would love to see a refresh model of the standard, DJI can pull it... and you know what, they can reach even more customers and make much more money.

DJI controls the pricing, not the retailer.
If a retailer offers a discount less than DJI has set, they lose their distribution.

I purchased mine 12 months ago for $629aud from Banggood.com when everyone else was $849aud.
Within a month Banggood.com lost their distribution and can no longer sell.

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj