P3S = Newest version of the Phantom 3?

Reaction score
I was talking to an RC shop owner who 'seemed' to know what he's talking about and he was saying that the
P3Standard is an updated version of the P3Pro in regards to battery usage, newer motors and more powerful Wifi @ 2.4Ghz than the boosted Phantom 2 Vision + models.

He also said that the Phantom 3 with the new Lightbridge2 will be coming out by the end of the year?

So even though a P3P/A has better range with lightbridge, it has worse battery life, problematic Imaging sensor on the bottom and older motor design that sometimes causes catastrophic failures...

Can anyone verify this?

Sounds half right.

Of course it is improved over the P2's. The P3S is more efficient as it is not as heavy and due to that has a longer flight time. Haven't heard there was a motor difference. The camera is better so it probably uses more processing power. LightBridge 2 is already out for some DJI birds, it will probably be in the P3 higher end models soon. So with all the benefits the P/A have I would expect a slightly shorter flight time. The imaging sensor can be turned on or off if it becomes a problem.

It seems he is giving you his opinion on the subject and we all know about opinions... everyones got one.

Are you trying to decide on what to get?

Reactions: dirkclod
Motors on the latest release of the P3S are different. They say its more efficient plus it looks different aswell.

DJI-Phantom-3-Standard-15.jpg

Just saying what I was informed about. I already have a P3S but am itching to get a Lightbridge enabled P3A/P. If LB2 is headed our way I rather wait for that though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20