P3s lost total control

Reaction score
OK I wanna figure out what just went wrong just now. I've Ben flying everyday since thankssgiven and rth to we're ever I took off from or too whereever Im standing with remote .this time it flew back above me and I was standing close to trees so decided to click rth cancel on the go app.. So I pushed the "X" to cancel rth . the p3 started slowly shooting of like I was holding the stick to fly straight ahead ..it flew off faster until I would pull back on the stick . so then I lose connection again totally and it lights up with the rth flashing lights turn on and starts decending down and butt not straight down it was at a angle and it was fast .. About 5-10 seconds before i d lose sight of it I clicked off the power to remote hopeing it would rth with the 280ft setting butt didn't and crashed .. So after tripping over myself to find my keys to jump in my truck to go look for it. I seen sum guy standing in front of his house holding it . it was still flashing all lights and it was running at full throttle. Gimble snaped off hanging there..so I run up to him and he says can ya shut this F***n thing off !!!!! So I turn on remote and green light turned on .. I held stick down and to corners I wouldn't shut off so I took it from him and held up to a fence and let the props break off so I could pull battery out. Any ideas what went wrong? I just zipped tied gimbal back on to turn on and run and all seems fine just like when I took off earlier slow flashing green lights go app connects wtf!!?? Do I try to fly it or not

I don't think you fly it again. Not knowing what actually happened. Sounds like major frequency interference from nearby devices. And with the tree being there who really knows. I hate to hear this as it appears it's only a matter of time for us all. Are the motors still working good? Maybe you can out new props on. But my confidence would be shot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Post your flight log to Healthy Drones & link it here so we can help determine what happened.

OK I wanna figure out what just went wrong just now. I've Ben flying everyday since thankssgiven and rth to we're ever I took off from or too whereever Im standing with remote .this time it flew back above me and I was standing close to trees so decided to click rth cancel on the go app.. So I pushed the "X" to cancel rth . the p3 started slowly shooting of like I was holding the stick to fly straight ahead ..it flew off faster until I would pull back on the stick . so then I lose connection again totally and it lights up with the rth flashing lights turn on and starts decending down and butt not straight down it was at a angle and it was fast .. About 5-10 seconds before i d lose sight of it I clicked off the power to remote hopeing it would rth with the 280ft setting butt didn't and crashed .. So after tripping over myself to find my keys to jump in my truck to go look for it. I seen sum guy standing in front of his house holding it . it was still flashing all lights and it was running at full throttle. Gimble snaped off hanging there..so I run up to him and he says can ya shut this F***n thing off !!!!! So I turn on remote and green light turned on .. I held stick down and to corners I wouldn't shut off so I took it from him and held up to a fence and let the props break off so I could pull battery out. Any ideas what went wrong? I just zipped tied gimbal back on to turn on and run and all seems fine just like when I took off earlier slow flashing green lights go app connects wtf!!?? Do I try to fly it or not

I don't think you fly it again. Not knowing what actually happened. Sounds like major frequency interference from nearby devices. And with the tree being there who really knows. I hate to hear this as it appears it's only a matter of time for us all. Are the motors still working good? Maybe you can out new props on. But my confidence would be shot.

Tony, just curious, but it looks like we joined around the same time. Why are you so much more knowledgeable? Have you been surfing this stuff a lot longer than I? I've been looking at his stuff for years, and still don't know half of it!!

Just curious, no dis-respect intended!!

Mark

Reactions: dirkclod

Good move on "Shearing" the Props off...!!

Reactions: yankee65
Tony, just curious, but it looks like we joined around the same time. Why are you so much more knowledgeable? Have you been surfing this stuff a lot longer than I? I've been looking at his stuff for years, and still don't know half of it!!

Just curious, no dis-respect intended!!

Mark
I may have just joined the forum. But I was flying the cheap drones and learning before I got my phantom. Trial and error. When my last cheap drone got stuck in a tree. I said that's it. Time to step my game up.

Reactions: jointeffort
I may have just joined the forum. But I was flying the cheap drones and learning before I got my phantom. Trial and error. When my last cheap drone got stuck in a tree. I said that's it. Time to step my game up.

I knew you had to have some type of experience from elsewhere. I've been ready up on this every since I joined and most of my time is spent scratching my head!! lol

Should have my P3s here in a few days so I can start doing a little hands on learning.

Just curious but couldn't you turn the battery off from underneath the props, without breaking them off ?
Not questioning what you did, but just curious.

I knew you had to have some type of experience from elsewhere. I've been ready up on this every since I joined and most of my time is spent scratching my head!! lol

Should have my P3s here in a few days so I can start doing a little hands on learning.
What's sad is. I do love my phantom. However looking at that inspire. I'm in awe.

Just curious but couldn't you turn the battery off from underneath the props, without breaking them off ?
Not questioning what you did, but just curious.
I'm not sure if I want my hand close to that meat grinder as well. Props are cheap.

I sure would upload the flight logs, like these guys suggested, before you tried flying it again. I've seen a number of posts, where birds have been lost, or gone out of control, and the folks on here sure seem to be able to figure out what happened by looking at the downloaded flight logs. I try to learn something from this forum every day. It sure helps my confidence level when I go out to fly.

Mad keen to read that report. One of worst cases of flyaway I've read - angry drone screaming off full throttle!

UK

Reactions: jointeffort
I just wanted too shut it down asap cuzz I wasn't sure if I hit the guy or his kid holding the bird .. And when I tried to pull the battery it got me good across the knuckles it was going full throttle still ..I was ready to choke the freaking thing.. So I jammed it into the fence to kill it ..It was like watching my money burn for a second time.. It's my second p3s.. Butt I gut a third up and running from the parts of 1 & 2.. Ya ya I no. If I only got the advanced the first time

I'm not sure if I want my hand close to that meat grinder as well. Props are cheap.

In any emergency hold it firmly with both hands, arms extended and use your thumb to turn it off just like you would it the props werent spining. You will not touch them.
Purposely smashing them is worse since the motors also damaged

I just wanted too shut it down asap cuzz I wasn't sure if I hit the guy or his kid holding the bird .. And when I tried to pull the battery it got me good across the knuckles it was going full throttle still ..I was ready to choke the freaking thing.. So I jammed it into the fence to kill it ..It was like watching my money burn for a second time.. It's my second p3s.. Butt I gut a third up and running from the parts of 1 & 2.. Ya ya I no. If I only got the advanced the first time
I'm still new. 4 batteries and 21 flights so my confidence is still shaky but I do think my P3S was the right choice for me. I would love light bridge but where I fly the wifi works perfectly. Did buy a windsurfer that helps with rc signal. Bought another range extending mod but have yet to receive it. All and all for $500 I'm pleased to no end so far.

Well a little while ago I had the best flight i ever had . then just now I figured I'd try it out one more time. Everything said green go go go like before. As I took off I noticed compass error pop up then it started doing exactly what it did before. It was totally crazy again shooting off in different directions .. I had to keep triggering rth to get it back in sight.. I was able to control it after a while slightly but enough and had a pretty hard landing on the street it was again running at a very high rpm and leaning or banking in one direction even after landing .. I did try shutting the battery off by the button but didn't work so pulled the battery out to shut it off.. This time I only lost a one prop ..I had to land kinda like a airplane does.and it kinda skidded or flew with atleast one prop full blast under a. At and stopped.. It appeared recently just one motor was runnin full blast. It seems like sum one else has a remote and is flying it when this happens..do ya think it could be interface? I.. I did not calibrate the compass before this flight butt did check out the status of everything before the flight and all was good.. I'll post the heathy drone reports. Hopefully sum one can figure it out.. I just played back the go app recording and it doesn't show the errors I seen off compass errors I seen within less than a minute into the flight. Butt I definitely seen it .. I figured I better type out what happened before I forget.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 1. Beginning of flight HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters. 2. End of flight. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Haven't had a look at the logs but am I right in thinking this cannot be frequency interferance because the moment the signal is broken a RTH is initiated automatically?

UK

Another problem I have when I turn the bird on evry once in a while . I turn it on butt gimbal doesn't move at all . And if I try to connect to the app I get a error loading into app. I'll paste the ss I took.. So far I just have to reeboot it .and it always has started on the second attempt.. It probably happens every 4 or 5 starts...is this happening to others too??

Attachments

• 1454399800689.jpg
    1454399800689.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 513

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4