P3s losing signal

Reaction score
Hi people new to these, this was my first flight with my ipad mini 4, I was in beginner mode flying at 20m and kept loosing signal any ideas why this was happening I was connected to 7 satelites thanks

Did you have the remote controller antenna oriented properly? The long side needs to be pointed at your Phantom at all times -- like this:

P3-Antenna-Position-Single.jpg

Which signal were you losing? The RC or video (Wi-Fi)?

Perhaps something was interfering with the Wi-Fi. Try flying elsewhere to confirm.

Did you have the remote controller antenna oriented properly? The long side needs to be pointed at your Phantom at all times.

I'm curious about this now...there's a video on YouTube of a guy trying out Follow Me and he climbs into a vehicle with the RC - the P3 is behind the vehicle and the guy is facing forward, and RC is facing in the opposite direction of the P3. Follow Me still works, it follows him to the end of the road....How does that work if the the RC has to be pointed at the P3 at all times?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

he climbs into a vehicle with the RC - the P3 is behind the vehicle and the guy is facing forward, and RC is facing in the opposite direction of the P3
The signal will be at its best when you point the antenna as shown in the above image. That does not mean you'll definitely lose the signal if you point the antenna in a different direction. However, the signal will not be as strong and your Phantom will not be able to fly as far.

Reactions: marzipana

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4