P3S isn't acting right

Reaction score
I wrecked my drone and found out that it hit the shell quit hard. bending the camera hanger. After taking it apart I found the multi cable damaged. I am now waiting for the cable. Will it link up and perform without the camera being hooked up? O thought I might test it. It links up, all the lights blink according to normal startup. However when I go into my menus they won't me change any settings. I start auto take off and it seems to operate however nothing happens, the a sign at top states time out. It all seems to work but no communications. it won't read the battery and several other items it wont show.

HELP

tberton

What cable are you referring to when you say multi cable? I am assuming you mean the ribbon wire that runs from the gimbal/camera into the shell? The antennas connected to the camera are used to send video and telemetry back to the controller. If your camera is not powered then the app can not communicate with the drone. You should still have control with the sticks but I would not recommend flying without the app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

you are right on the cable. I still have the camera un hooked. Nothing works, the batter wont reg. the motors wont start. It show gps at top of screen however none of the other indicators on the screen workl

If your camera is disconnected, the app is not going to offer any use.
You say the motors won't start, what colors are the rear lights on the drone flashing?
I'm not sure what you mean by the batter won't reg, the battery won't recharge? Did it charge fine before? Does the battery turn on and off without problems?

That is what I want to know, will the bird work any at all without the camera, hooked up. The start up lights work just like when you start it up and goes thought it checklist. After is completes it check points the lights are red in front and amber in back. blinking. the battery is fully charged, when you go to the battery settings nothing shows up. At one of the batteries reading it states 95%.

I'm just trying to trouble shoot for any more problems while waiting for ribbon

Are the rear lights flashing rapidly or slowly like you are flying in atti? The battery is not going to charge since it must be drained below a certain point before it will begin to accept charge again. You can fly by starting the motors with CSC but I would not recommend it for anything but a test flight no more than 10 feet away. You should never fly without telemetry data the app gives you.

They are blinking normal like always. It is in the gps mode, I never fly in atti. If remember when I look at the battery screen it shows stages of battery, this is just blank. I am just trouble shooting for any more problems while I am waiting for cable. I can't fly, it wont start.

Maybe someone else can jump in here about why your motors will not start since it sounds like your controller is connected.
But to make it clear, you will not receive ANY data on the app since your camera is disconnected.
Once the new wire arrives you can clear any more errors when the app is able to inform you of problems. The only thing you can troubleshoot right now is checking for loose wires.

Roger thanks. I'll put it back together and try it. Then ill post the results too answer maybe another question like this. See ya bye

Hi, I crashed my P3S a while ago and broke the camera arm clean off and sheared the ribbon cable. I was able to fly using just the sticks (I tested it after removing the gimbal control board. The app will not show any info (and what it does show is inaccurate). I had completely removed and disconnected the controller board, both antennae disconnected.

I only flew long enough to ensure that the bird still flew before putting out the money for a new yaw arm and cable. Highly recommend Bock Hobby, the parts I got from Tony have held up well and I am back in the air (since mid June).

Good luck,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The manual mode of starting the motors won't work ( I have been trying to get Dji to allow a warranty) I attempted take off through the app. Everything worked just fine, when I a wiped the launch command, in about two seconds, upper left corner i stated time out. What you guys are telling me makes me think that all is ok. The cable is due the 11th.

Thanks for some good responses.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry to say but DJI is not going to offer warranty repair since flight logs will show you crashed it and you said you took it apart.
It is normal the motors will not start through the app and it will say timed out. It is NOT normal that the motors will not start with CSC however. I can't think of what would cause that but the app will be functional when your camera wire is repaired and it will tell you what's wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31