P3S imu

Reaction score
Started up my p3s. Said imu error. Calibrate imu. Then said safe to fly gps. So I flew. The bird started to drift all by itself, rocked violently then fell out the sky and smashed the props to bits.
Is it my fault for ignoring the imu error?
I can send it back but have read horror stories of dji service.
It's only 2 months old.
I'm now afraid to use it.

If you'd like us to take a look at your flight log, upload the TXT file here and post a link back here.

Ok. I followed the video. Much easier than the way dji told me to do it.
I now have about 20 txt files. How do I find the correct one?

Look at the message in the log at 2m 10.6s, That may be the start.
I have no clue.

That was me bringing it home. Showing me mrs the nth function.
That wasn't in your post!, just kidding, these guys need details, so you told it to RTH when it started to drift?

Added:
If msinger doesn't get back to, MASTER-4 should, that's my nickname for him!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris 17
Here's a video showing stick movement etc. You can see on the gimbal control on the right go mad as it bins itself.
It's on the YouTubes as it wouldn't upload to here.
It was on the floor upside down when I did csc

It seems there might have been some kind of compass/GPS error that caused your Phantom to fly in the opposite direction. Switching to ATTI probably would have allowed you to recover from that problem.

If you upload your DAT flight log, perhaps @BudWalker can take a look and give us his thoughts.

It seems there might have been some kind of compass/GPS error that caused your Phantom to fly in the opposite direction. Switching to ATTI probably would have allowed you to recover from that problem.

If you upload your DAT flight log, perhaps @BudWalker can take a look and give us his thoughts.
To help this guy out and myself, flight data is connecting to the phantom and using the app to tell the phantom to download to a PC with the USB cable.

To help this guy out and myself, flight data is connecting to the phantom and using the app to tell the phantom to download to a PC with the USB cable.
To see how to retrieve a .DAT go here. There is no app involved. The .DAT files appear in the File Manager. It will be large and can't be uploaded here. Most people upload the .DAT to Dropbox and then post the link here. Google Drive is another option.

Reactions: Chris 17

Flight data from drone via cable is unavailable due to a data recorder error.
cid:33B5AB43-0BAB-49C8-9A97-3FE92A85741D

To see how to retrieve a .DAT go here. There is no app involved. The .DAT files appear in the File Manager. It will be large and can't be uploaded here. Most people upload the .DAT to Dropbox and then post the link here. Google Drive is another option.
Thanks, I have downloaded the data, I now remember the file sizes, and I am correct using the cable and the app tells the phantom to do-it?

Added:
Your in the box now!

You're right. You gotta use the Go app to tell it to enter flight data mode. Then the .DAT appears as a file on a mounted disk drive.

If it said safe to fly GPS, I would just send it to DJI you have nothing to lose. What all is broken on it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4