P3S Gradient/Graduated Filters?

Reaction score
Are these available anywhere? Seems like they should be.. They'd sell. I see some for P4's and P3P's. Please tell me I'm dumb and they're out there.

First, Neewer do not sell gradient / graduated filters for P3S. Second, I had one of these snap-on filters, and they will overload your gimbal (the motor runs very hot). The problem is the P3S is not design to be used with a filter, if you add a weight to the lens, you should add counter balance weight on the back of the camera too.
Now, I just use filter films (from phantomfilters.com), and then you can add your own gel to create the gradient effect.

I meant transparent grad. ND or color sheets. and then cut them to your own size and use double-side tape to stick it onto the the font the the camera. (that's how the filters from phantomfilters.com works)

Interesting.. sorry to keep bugging you, but could you give me a link to a place with good gradient sheets? TIA

First, Neewer do not sell gradient / graduated filters for P3S. Second, I had one of these snap-on filters, and they will overload your gimbal (the motor runs very hot). The problem is the P3S is not design to be used with a filter, if you add a weight to the lens, you should add counter balance weight on the back of the camera too.
Now, I just use filter films (from phantomfilters.com), and then you can add your own gel to create the gradient effect.

Forgive me for saying this but BO***KS ......

I have been using NEEWER filters on my P3S long enough that if any problem it would soon tell me !

In fact in my club we have far more proficient camera people than I who have been using NEEWER gear on their Phantoms longer than I ... WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL ...

You better inform the other users of NEEWER filters that they are wrong as well ... reckon that will fill your email account for next millennia !!

Nigel

I did not say it will give you problem immediately. If you feel the gimbal motor before and after you put on these snap-on threaded filters, there is a big difference in temperature. Without filter, the motor runs warm, with filter, the motor is extremely hot!
I do not feel comfortable to let my gimbal run this hot. YMMV!

I am the guy who has repeatedly warned against hot gimbals / cameras from powering up on the ground for simulators etc. Do you think I would not appreciate or check that the addition of filter edtc. would change situation ?

I can say this with hand on heart - that my P3S did not run higher temp that I could notice when using NEEWER fitlers on my camera than without.

QED

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik