P3S Gimbal clamp

Isn't the 'DJI' part just a cutout? How snug does it fit over the lens barrel? Finally, so you have to put on the lens cover, then place the gimbal lock over the lens cover? Sounds like a pain in the *** if this is the way it is done.
Nope, well yes it is a cutout but the lens cap fits tightly inside and just snug to the lens. The cap stays with the lock when removed. Really nicely made. Comes with a shade accessory (black item) and a gimbal crash protector and the "Remove Before Flight" keychain that attaches to the lock.

Nope, well yes it is a cutout but the lens cap fits tightly inside and just snug to the lens. The cap stays with the lock when removed. Really nicely made. Comes with a shade accessory (black item) and a gimbal crash protector and the "Remove Before Flight" keychain that attaches to the lock.

I think if like to try that setup. Can you tell me where you got it,...eBay or Amazon maybe? There are so many that are junk out there I'd rather not pick the wrong seller. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

@ DjiGoten
Like knipfer said. Since mine lives in my car I got in the habit of putting it back on after my flights. Not a absolute necessity but saves wear on the bearings during transport. Just remember to remove it before turning on the Bird.

@ captainmilehigh
Here's the like to the ebay sale: Gimbal lock & cover

I also like that it is made here in the USA by the seller. I think the one that comes with the Phantom is just for shipping and a real pain to use daily.....

Reactions: captainmilehigh
@ DjiGoten
Like knipfer said. Since mine lives in my car I got in the habit of putting it back on after my flights. Not a absolute necessity but saves wear on the bearings during transport. Just remember to remove it before turning on the Bird.

@ captainmilehigh
Here's the like to the ebay sale: Gimbal lock & cover

I also like that it is made here in the USA by the seller. I think the one that comes with the Phantom is just for shipping and a real pain to use daily.....

Thanks. And yes, USA is good.

Reactions: Squirrel!
USA is GREAT! :D:cool:

That's just it, it doesn't fit the standard. Again, regardless of the "description" (which is wrong), the gimbal is different and it won't work. I've already been thru the '1 size fits all' crap and they aren't for the standard.
Hey Squirrel,
Did you already purchase one and it did not fit?
We did update the design a couple months ago to fit the Standard as well as the Pro, ADV, 4K, there is still some old inventory in the channel, so you may have received an older one. If you are interested you can order direct from our site and you will receive one that works with the Standard.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help get you what you need,

Jeff

It's the same product. As noted in the description, Polar Pro updated the design in April. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over when they choose to update their photos.
It is being updated! we have been very busy designing new products, and must have overlooked this reshoot! Thanks for pointing it out!

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey Squirrel,
We did update the design a couple months ago to fit the Standard as well as the Pro, ADV, 4K, there is still some old inventory in the channel, so you may have received an older one. If you are interested you can order direct from our site and you will receive one that works with the Standard.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help get you what you need,

Jeff
Well, I know I purchased one that was supposed to fit the standard but didn't. I guess it was before the updated version. The one I have needs a filter on the camera to fit tight.

Not sure what Mr. Squirrel!! has.

Well, I know I purchased one that was supposed to fit the standard but didn't. I guess it was before the updated version. The one I have needs a filter on the camera to fit tight.

Not sure what Mr. Squirrel!! has.

Shoot me an email and will get the updated one sent out to you if you need it.
[email protected]

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hey Squirrel,

Jeff
Yes, awhile ago. No worries. I got one that does fit (sort of) from another vendor. I appreciate the offer. But i've spent enough on covers as it is. :cool:

Reactions: PolarPro
Hi guys
If I am not transporting my P3S can I just the the clamp off? Or should I always keep the clamp on after every flight?

I always replace back on, the cover/lock.

Hi guys
If I am not transporting my P3S can I just the the clamp off? Or should I always keep the clamp on after every flight?
Is there any reason why you would want it off? It will protect the gimbal and lens. Here is mine
d78d5c9303ad480e5e76d1f5970f82f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

20160615_140341.jpg
best one goes around leg
20160615_140349.jpg

The clamp with the "arm" going down the center is the one I have. Seems to work just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
I bought this clamp from a guy in Michigan. I like the clamp but beware it needs felt inside because as you can see in the picture it did scratch my camera. I do however like the design. It was $20.

Clamp.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj