P3 Firmware P3S Firmware update failed

Cen

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought my Phantom 3 standard and was trying to update it's firmware to the latest version via the DJI GO app. I downloaded the firmware and it was applying. It got stuck at 62% before the gimbal started moving up and down crazily. It said on my phone that the firmware update failed and now the phantom has started a playing a loud beeping sound every 2 seconds.

I've tried plugging the battrery out and plugging it back in again but to no avail.
How can I stop this incessant sound and update the firmware so I can get to flying?

Hi Reed,

I had a read through that first before realising that the Standard has a different installation process. It is all done via the DJI app. There is no link on DJI's website for downloading the firmware from there.

Ok, I see that you have to update it through the phone. There are a few other threads of guys with the same style of problem on the standard forum and I read this one, I hope it helps - Phantom 3 Standard Firmware Update | DJI Phantom Forum
I also saw this -
I changed my phone as i was having LG before. I followed the below given steps:

A) i connected my phone to the device and it showed update firmware.
B) I then connected to my home wifi and downloaded the firmware in the app.
C) I again vonnected my phone to device and clecked upgrade in my app. It upgraded. And now I am flying perfectly.

My P3A update was also interrupted. I also got that _LOUD_ beeping sound when I tried again. I ended up moving it to another area of the house, putting a large box over it and let it run. After about 30 minutes or so, it stopped and updated.

I recommend doing as I did. make sure the battery is at 90% - 100% and start over. Let it sit for a _long_ time.

Reactions: Reed L
My P3A update was also interrupted. I also got that _LOUD_ beeping sound when I tried again. I ended up moving it to another area of the house, putting a large box over it and let it run. After about 30 minutes or so, it stopped and updated.

I recommend doing as I did. make sure the battery is at 90% - 100% and start over. Let it sit for a _long_ time.
Hmm. Okay i'll try that method tonight. Is there anyway that you can reduce the volume? I live in an apartment and it kind of sounds like a bomb.

I just locked mine in the car on the floor and walked away.

Wouldn't you think the app would give you an idea of how long it would take?
Lot of woods in that one.:)

I just locked mine in the car on the floor and walked away.
That's good idea, I would put on the console in a busy parking lot at night. Then when somebody stops to look in the window, I would remote start my car while recording it on video!:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.