Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3S falls out of sky into ocean, rescue mission failed

Discussion in 'Standard' started by rdtex103, Aug 18, 2017.

1. rdtex103

I can't get over this and now that I've given up the rescue mission I have to understand what the hell was happening and how my aircraft suddenly killed power and dove into the ocean. A tiny little inlet, about 3 feet of water, but very muddy and a very swift tide has it where I can't find it. I've done grid searches into thick mud with my feet for hours. Now, I'm done.

I just want to know if I did something wrong, which is quite bloody likely, or if I had a terminal failure of hardware. I got nothing left but a .csv flight log, which I can't synch up on DJI go...probly cuz I wasn't using it.

If she's gone with no recourse, I'm going to be done with a hobby that was a passion for me for a spell. I hate where its all going and the software issues for me with firmware updates was nearly impossible to get thru. I may buy a 25 dollar mini to fly around the house. I never thought my drone would fall out of the sky for no reason....could it have been shot down or had a rock thrown at her? guess I can't upload a .csv?

dazzer and Hcflyer like this.
  2. rdtex103

I'll be in my shop painting. good luck.

3. th287

Oh that really sucks - I'm sorry for your loss :(
    The only thing I can really think of is battery failure - either it stopped working or wasn't attached properly and fell out.
    If you are able to find it with the battery still intact then maybe you can get DJI to replace it, because it wouldn't have been your fault. But other than that you're unfortunately probably out of luck - that's just how it goes with these things :(

4. Bakersfield Quad

Reality is, stuff happens. I have had some serious crap happen to me in RC. I have had 1/4 scaled WWII fighters suddenly get a mind of its own, tears were shed.:(

5. Hcflyer

That is disappointing! I am new to flying the P3S. If I loss mine I would consider getting back into flying rc airplanes but would miss the video capabilities.

6. captainmilehigh

She might have slung a prop too. If so, it comes down quick. Curious though why you weren't using the GoApp?

7. With The Birds

What app were you flying with? Good chance the log file is readable by phantomhelp log viewer or airdata. I would upload it and look for clues.

8. RodPad

He has other posts related to litchi.

@rdtex103, if you got the .csv file, upload it to here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
    Then copy and paste the url result back here.

Rod

9. DARLAK

When you think about it, $400 for a machine like this is insane. That is a small price to pay for the level of tech that you are getting. They will crash, it's only a matter of time.

10. rdtex103

Cant upload csv file. Whom can I send to?

11. rdtex103

12. RodPad

I looked at it but this looks like the last part of a flight that landed 13' feet from the home point with 60% battery?

When you loose signal for along time, it will start a new flight log, since it shows download restored at the beginning, this is the last part of a flight that landed successfully. You need to find the last .csv on your tablet.

What kind of mobile device were you using?

Rod