It just won't stay steady, it keeps moving and drifting,
I'm wondering if any of my motors are faulty and if so how could I check,
This has only been a week since I got it back from repair,
I have calibrated the controller too and it's still the same,
Flying in P-GPS,
Can anybody please advise ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you in PGPS Mode? If not, that could be your problem, especially in a hover. I have noticed at times, mine seems to do that a bit too while forward flying but usually I realize that I'm moving a stick a verrrrry slight amount and not realized it. I changed my stick commands to a custom ode so I have to be careful of that because it's easier to goof a little now in regards to direction. But being in the proper flight mode is the first thing for you to check on, I believe.

Are you in PGPS Mode? If not, that could be your problem, especially in a hover. I have noticed at times, mine seems to do that a bit too while forward flying but usually I realize that I'm moving a stick a verrrrry slight amount and not realized it. I changed my stick commands to a custom ode so I have to be careful of that because it's easier to goof a little now in regards to direction. But being in the proper flight mode is the first thing for you to check on, I believe.

Thanks for the reply Gary,
Yeah I always fly in P-GPS,
the controller must be super sensitive if it's registering my faintest of input,
Just thought I might of had a faulty motor maybe,
Or it's just my input that's causing it, without me knowing

Thanks for the reply Gary,
Yeah I always fly in P-GPS,
the controller must be super sensitive if it's registering my faintest of input,
Just thought I might of had a faulty motor maybe,
Or it's just my input that's causing it, without me knowing
Play back your flight log on the DJI app, there is an icon that will show your stick movements.

Rod

Reactions: Liam_89
Usually it is a compass calibration issue or some metallic parts in the surrounding.
Did it it tell you any warning about the compass? Can be also some interferences from power lines or radio mast.

Sent from my SM-T700 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Liam_89
Usually it is a compass calibration issue or some metallic parts in the surrounding.
Did it it tell you any warning about the compass? Can be also some interferences from power lines or radio mast.

Sent from my SM-T700 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never got any errors or pop ups at all,
It's flying perfectly fine to be honest,
It's just the drifting issue that's bugging me,
I did check on the app replay to make sure I wasn't pushing stick slightly in another direction,
I will try calibrating everything again later and have another try when the wind drops

Why was it repaired? Are these the same props you used before, balanced? Have you done an IMU calibration or went in there to see the values?

Why was it repaired? Are these the same props you used before, balanced? Have you done an IMU calibration or went in there to see the values?

It was repaired as it lost GPS and crashed,
Dji say it was my fault clearly it wasn't,
Anyway yes, whilst waiting for my drone to arrive back from repair, I bought some genuine dji props from Amazon and that's what I'm using
I'm assuming as they're genuine dji that they're balanced correctly ?
Done all the calibrations too
These are the props I got
They came in genuine dji packaging

c9f8468e171e47058530c8376c20ddc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How far off does it drift when hovering? You still might have a gps issue.

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

It won't stay still
I'm not sure how far it drifts but it's noticeable from the app view
When flying forward its pulling to one side and won't stay straight
When hovering I can't get it to stay still to take a still picture
I'll try and sort a video of the drone pulling to the side when flying straight
I always calibrate the compass when I fly in a new location

I ask a lot of questions lol. Do you remember what the values were when viewing them in the go app? Awhile bacj when i got mine i did the imu cal but didnt really know i was supposed to have it level perfectly and afterwards it was funky and my numbers were not where they should have been. Also is it doing this in the spot you fly at? Have you tried different locations?

No not a lot of questions at all
I'll try and explain all I can to try and solve the issue,
I have flown in 3-4 different locations in the past week and it's done it on every occasion
I'm stumped

And just to be sure you have done the IMU calibration on a perfectly level table?. Not compass cal. If you are in go app and go to the settings and find "advanced" then "sensors" you can see the values of the IMU. Check that and let us know what numbers it display..

I did another IMU calibration outside on the flat footpath
It's showed mostly 0.00
I'll do one more and get the stats

I think Gyroscope should be 0.00, Acceleration should be 1.00, Compass around 1400.00 (1450.00?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers