P3S died overnight.. ughh

Reaction score
Used the P3S last night and ran a few waypoints flew around for 20 mins. Came in the house and this morning no longer will the RC Link work to the aircraft. I get a yellow rear light flashing and the red link status on the aircraft is red. I can pair it up again no problem and its fine, the minute I turn off the aircraft or controller the relink goes away and I have to relink again.

Also the camera is all washed out in the light outside now and no longer can see anything. In the house in the dark it seems fine but as soon as you go outside the entire screen just turns white.

On the lastest P3S firmware, all 3 batteries have the latest. Everything is fully charged but won't keep the RC link through a power off

Idea's? Seems its going in for repair at this point. Sucks only a month old

Camera issue is resolved the EV setting was all jacked up. However RC Link still will not hold between controller and drone

I wonder if you delete the DJI GO app. And reinstall it if that would help. Maybe there is some glitch in the program.

I don't believe firmware update is a problem. I've been having a similar issue as posted several days ago here(even exchanged my P3S). I would suggest trying a new location(as suggested to me). Don't overlook the simple procedure of trying another location. I did and it worked flawlessly. Some new unexpected interference around my neighborhood.(still not 100% confirmed). Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.

Or try and barrow another remote and see if it will link. Even at a local hobby shop to determine what the problem is

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The controller and bird have been updated for weeks so the update should not be the cause of any problem. I updated a new battery a week ago and been flying fine. Its not a location issue it happens right at the house (I found out at a new location that I shoot in the desert at all the time it wouldn't sync to the controller)

I have exhausted what I can do at this point. Don't need the Go App to pair the controller and bird you can do that only with those two devices. Once I manually hit the button and do the steps on the controller it links up in 10 seconds and it flies fine as well. Just when turned off it looses the connection. To me this sounds like the aircraft. Going to call DJI in the morning and see what they say

Last edited:
Please keep b us updated. This has happened to a buddy of mine but he returned it as it was only a week old. Same symptoms as yours...

Yep I have my MRA all set for the return, they DJI were quite puzzled by what happened. I'm testing with another controller tonight and don't expect any changes and then will send it in to get fixed.

I had some weird connection issues with my P3S a while back. I was using an Android phone and a different Android tablet, comparing screen visibility in daylight. The controller kept trying to connect to both, wouldn't lock on either. Finally figured out to turn one off or disable one wi-fi. No problems since.

Well here it is... Bad Controller. Got a new one for $99 and sure enough its linked and working fine now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31