P3S DBS on P4?

Reaction score
Hello i have a p3s with a dbs mod and now I own a p4, does anybody have any idea if the 2.4 ghz panels in the p3s dbs mod have the same exact panels as in the p4 dbs mod or are the 2.4 panels for the p4 larger/better in any way? Im thinking about using my p3s dbs panel for my p4 obviously just not plugging in the 5.8 antenna.

It should work. 2.4ghz is the same band.

Yeah I know that it will work as there is no reason it shouldn't but im trying to find out if the antennas are the same, if the p4 panel has more powerful or larger antennas id rather get the one made for the p4. If the antennas are the exact same there is no reason for me to buy a p4 panel.

dbi value is what you look at. Size makes no difference as to importance.

The DBS mod:
MaxxRange Panel
has dual 14dbi elements. They don't list the specs on ITELITE ITE-DBS02 Found this spec for model:
ITE-DBS02.2
Pair of 5dBi Antennas

It looks like you'd be better off with ITE-DBS02 for the P4. Although the other panel should work. Why not try it out before buying the panel made for the P4?

Refresh page to see earlier spec comment. The lower the dbi value the better in a nutshell...

No, lower dbi is better (short version)

Here is a visual of the concept:

i151^cimgpsh_orig.png

Basically, the higher the dbi, the more directional and narrow the beam is, but reaches farther.

Ahhh ok I totally get it now, thx. So basically if the P3S panel has less dbi I would get wider coverage anyways And If Its Higher It Would Be Very Directional. But Either Way It Will Be Alot More Directional Then The Stock Antennas.

There is nowhere that the smaller panel will fly that the MaxxRange won't... the MaxxRange will definitely fly farther with better penetration....I have both as do others on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31