P3S + DBS 3km full signal

Reaction score
This seems odd. I got out to the country this week where their was no interference what so ever. Launched the P3S and sent it on its merry way. Got to 3km and still had full video and control strength. I turned and came back. I expected some loss of signal at least with the video feed.
Restarted everything and sent it on its way again, same result. I wasn't game to send it any further as I basically had no idea where it was. Just out there in front of me somewhere.I have never got pat 1.5km before, even out over water.
Has this happened to anyone else. The thought that the app wasn't reporting the signal correctly did cross my mind. I haven't had a chance to fly locally to see how things go.
I must be the first person concerned about the great distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeganx
Did the video get any choppy along the way? Otherwise, you just found a wifi free spot. :v

No, video feed was perfect. Went like a dream. Just a good location I guess. Closest town was about 30km away, no powerlines or buildings to be seen.
On the down side it was 4hrs from home.

I got out to 3.2klm from my inlays farm. Farm is 3.5klms from town and as I was approaching I didn't expect to get this far. I think the towns interference knocked out the signal and I lost connection for about 4mins. Scary as hell.
Video link on my channel here :)

Reactions: STAINLESS
No, video feed was perfect. Went like a dream. Just a good location I guess. Closest town was about 30km away, no powerlines or buildings to be seen.
On the down side it was 4hrs from home.

I managed to get 2.4km in Sydney on a P3S with just a windsurfer. I had to turn back because of low battery; the signal was still at full bars.

P3S - 2391m.jpg

On my P3P with the DBS antenna, it basically goes as far as the battery allows (usually around 5km). 5.15km in the example below with full signal:

P3P - 5km.jpg

Last edited:
You could put some kind of live GPS tracker on it. That way you'll know where it is when you lose FPV and telemetery. I'm not sure if the flytrex will work with the P3S but it might.

I managed to get 2.4km in Sydney on a P3S with just a windsurfer. I had to turn back because of low battery; the signal was still at full bars.

View attachment 63355

On my P3P with the DBS antenna, it basically goes as far as the battery allows (usually around 5km). 5.15km in the example below with full signal:

View attachment 63357

Where abouts in Sydney did you fly? I don't recognise that beach.

OK. How high above sea level is it there? Your 2nd picture looks like you got 5.1km. Is that right?
Where I took off from, it was no more than about 10m ASL. Yes, that's correct – 5.1km. I got even further yesterday – 5.4km; again, I was limited by battery. Would have been even further if I went in a straight line.
aa5g8Lw.jpg

Last edited:
Where I took off from, it was no more than about 10m ASL. Yes, that's correct – 5.1km. I got even further yesterday – 5.4km; again, I was limited by battery. Would have been even further if I went in a straight line.

aa5g8Lw.jpg
Well done mate. You must be happy with the results. I'll head off to a headland one day away from wifi and see how I go over water. If I can get 3km again near home I'll be very happy, even 2km will do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik