P3S can't record video or take pictures

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom 3 Standard for 3 months now and it has been amazing. Recently, without any crashes or firmware updates, my camera stopped working. I can see the live view, but whenever I press the record or picture button, nothing happens. I also cannot view stored photos and videos in the app. I can see them on the PC, but no new ones appear. With the Litchi app, I can record just fine, which leads me to believe that the problem is DJI Go itself. While I can use Litchi for now, the Dji Go app is preferable for non - waypoint flying. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Go into the General settings. Scroll down to "Video Cache". Make sure it isn't set to "Disabled". Also, photos never appear automatically using DJI Go unless you specifically upload them to your device (phone/tablet) after flight, only videos do. That might solve the problem of videos not appearing but it won't solve the problem of not recording or shooting videos in the first place. You may have to reinstall DJI Go.

You may have to reinstall DJI Go.

I already tried that, no change after reinstalling. Going to try rechecking for updates today. It is odd that Litchi can access the shutter perfectly but the official app cannot. Will keep looking for fixes, but It looks to be a problem with the app.

Have you changed anything? New phone/tablet? Anything at all? What phone or tablet are you using? Very odd problem indeed.

No changes were made, no updates, no crashes, no new devices, hadn't tried litchi yet so thats not it... I have an IPhone 5s. Just flew it up one day and it wouldnt record. Odd indeed.

Did some more testing and I found out that the DJI go app can control the camera settings and view pictures on the SD card, the only thing it cannot do is take pictures or video. I can only view the pictures in the edit tab, the button on the camera controls bar doesn't work, which is very odd. I also reinstalled the app again before testing this.

Last edited:
No, I sent in the drone under warrantee for repair on an unrelated RTH failure crash and they replaced it. (They tell you they repaired it but they really replaced it...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik