P3S Buyer's Remorse???

Reaction score
Will I feel any? I really want to get the Advanced, but it will take a while to save up for.

I wish I went for the Advanced, but to be honest I only need the standard as I don't fly out of sight as yet.

You may feel a little... But once you get flying it fades away quickly. I bought the standard and I'm happy with it, no problems so far. I added a range booster to the controller and I now get pretty good distance. The pictures and video are great, maybe not UHD but good enough for human eyes... I fly mine out of sight often had it out to nearly 2 miles yesterday.. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

FPVLR range extender, non boosted for now

Not for a moment ,was gonna upgrade from my Vision to the Adv and the Standard came out so I jumped on it .
Distance I average 2 to 3 miles every trip out with the longest 3.04 . More camera than I can deal with so me very
pleased other than I bought in at 699.00 then the price dropped .
3K came out and have been watching that run around 659.00 .Seen them the other day here being sold for 499.00
so have one of those coming . Are great birds for the buck :)

Last edited:
FPVLR range extender, non boosted for now

Thanks - I've experimented with a pair of 2.4 panels @ 7dbi and 5.8ghz @ 11dbi and achieved maybe 40% better than stock range.

I may try to source some helicals like the FPVLR unit and see if its better. I'm thinking helicals are the best for the Phantom without having Lightbridge.

Back to the OP's post, the standard Phantom is great - love it! ... but I personally want the range to be greater and with better stability.

Thanks - I've experimented with a pair of 2.4 panels @ 7dbi and 5.8ghz @ 11dbi and achieved maybe 40% better than stock range.

I may try to source some helicals like the FPVLR unit and see if its better. I'm thinking helicals are the best for the Phantom without having Lightbridge.

Back to the OP's post, the standard Phantom is great - love it! ... but I personally want the range to be greater and with better stability.

I've been looking into boosters. Since I'm new to this I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the booster selection.
Do I need 3 boosters? 2 for wifi (2.4) and 1 for r/c (5.8)? What should you recommend?

the two side antennas are 2.4, stock uses panels inside. the middle is 5.8 for controls. Some just use a windsurfer on the middle but you will still loose your video at stock distances.

Million dollar question is what is the best setup keeping costs at a minimum....

Last edited:
the two side antennas are 2.4, stock uses panels inside. the middle is 5.8 for controls. Some jsut use a windsurfer on the middle but you will still loose your video at stock distances.

Million dollar question is what is the best setup keeping costs at a minimum....
Thanks...
Understood I think
If money isn't an option... Strap 3 signal boosters onto the controller? 2 for video/wifi and 1 for RC?

I wish I went for the Advanced, but to be honest I only need the standard as I don't fly out of sight as yet.

Adv/pro is great for distance flying.

But even with standard P3, unless you have eagle eyes. It can and will easily fly out of sight, there is no way you can see or track a P3 at say 500ft out and 300ft up and beyond with Eyeball.

P3S can usually go 2000ft out and who knows how high easily!!! Enjoy

Last edited:
I originally bought the P3S.. great bird but about a month later I ended up buying the P3A because of the range and the camera.. the difference in cameras is that the p3s shoots 1080 at 30 fps and the p3a shoots at 60 fps I could tell the difference in my videos. I also like the fact that it connects to glonas as well with the p3s I was getting 11 satellites tops but most of the time it was only getting 8 and with my p3a I get 20 tops.

However, either bird is nice to have just really depends on what you will be doing with it. And if you are like me when I hit the distance wall with the P3S I wanted more lol and the better video.

I know you are looking at range boosters, from my understanding the range boosters are like 300 more.. which is the difference in p3s vs p3a.

Adv/pro is great for distance flying.

But even with standard P3, unless you have eagle eyes. It can and will easily fly out of sight, there is no way you can see or track a P3 at say 500ft out and 300ft up and beyond with Eyeball.

P3S can usually go 2000ft out and who knows how high easily!!! Enjoy

Yes I know. Scared myself a few times. Thats why I now set limits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav