P3S Battery's

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been noticing that all 3 of my P3S Battery's have been showing only 94-95% on the screen
I have fully charged these after each flight with the charger that originally come with the phantom
It never says 100%
By the time it's powered on and all checks and calibrations done,
I find I'm down to 89-90% without even starting the motors to fly
Is this Normal
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

About a month old and very little use

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have flown the heck out of my P3S (about 200 miles) on the original battery and if it ever says anything other than 100% at the beginning it says 99%. Not sure what would cause what your seeing but I wouldn't think it's normal

Mine rarely ever say 100% but most of the time they say 99%. Check to see how many time they where charged and every 20 charges cycle them. That means to let it run down to about 8% then fully charged them. It's suggested to do that every 20 charges. That might fix the problem. Also if you haven't used them that much maybe they just need to be used a little more then it will stop dropping that fast. Mine have never dropped that fast.

For the record, you don't have to calibrate before each flight. And if you do choose to calibrate, you don't have to fly on that battery or that charge.

For example: You can calibrate. Turn bird off. Remove battery. Put fresh 100% charged battery in. Turn bird on. Fly.

When charging the batteries, the lights quit the blinking process to let you know charging is complete. Once finished don't store the battery back into the phantom until your ready to start a new flight, storing a battery back into the phantom may cause a little of your issue. But starting off at 99 percent after powering up and getting it calibrated is normal as it takes power to get everything going and communicating. If your problem worsens I'd contact DJI as they have great customer service and reply to emails in my experiences very quickly.

Try maybe a couple of hours before you use the battery, hook the battery to the charger, if the battery doesn't start charging power on the battery same as powering on the phantom, it will start charging and stop like normal. I got 100% one time I tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic