P3S - 2.7k video recording - playback doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I'm using the P3S as it came, with its 8 gb SD card etc.

The problem:
2.7K video recordings don't seem to work. Well, I can record in 2.7K 30 fps, but the video playback (after transferring those 2,7K video files from drone to hard drive) doesn't work. It just stops (I've tried both VLC and MPC).

Any suggestions why this is?

(BTW, no problems at all with playback of 1080p video..)

/nooby

Your computer probably can't handle the 2.7k video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody

I'm using the P3S as it came, with its 8 gb SD card etc.

The problem:
2.7K video recordings don't seem to work. Well, I can record in 2.7K 30 fps, but the video playback (after transferring those 2,7K video files from drone to hard drive) doesn't work. It just stops (I've tried both VLC and MPC).

Any suggestions why this is?

(BTW, no problems at all with playback of 1080p video..)

/nooby

Nooby, I posted this same thing to a person yesterday. Video from P3 is not clear
Totally looks like what comes directly off DJI Go app. I would do what others said above and download the SD card to the computer. That should give full HD. If downloading to a tablet or the iPhone, make sure the video is 720p or 1080p. From the go app, click on the video you want to download with the bird on and connected to the phone. When clipping, make sure original video button is on. This will download it to the app in full HD. Then push the download to device button after clipping is done, this should take a few minutes. That should clear it up. If it was 2.7k or 4K video, you have to download from the SD card to the computer to get the full res. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Video from P3 is not clear

If you want 2.7k on Apple items, you have to download it on the Mac. You cannot upload 2.7 on iPad or iPhone. Not sure about android items since I am an Apple guy. You can play the videos on the iPad and iPhone after they are uploaded and synced on iCloud in Photos, but that is it. Hope that helps.

I have been playing with this a lot since I got my P3S in February. You can use iMovie to downgrade to 1080p if you want to upload the movie from the tablet or phone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi

thank you all for replies.

just for clarifications:
  • my computer is pretty fast (8 GB ram, plays youtube 4k video well, etc.).
  • I download the 'raw files' directly from SD card to computer's hard drive, in order to avoid loss of quality
My guess is that the SD card DJI provided just can't keep up with 2.7K :weary: ?

/nooby

Last edited:
The card is plenty fast enough....your recording bit rate is 40Mb/s which is only 5MB/s...any class 10 card will handle that.

Hi

thank you all for replies.

just for clarifications:
  • my computer is pretty fast (8 GB ram, plays youtube 4k video well, etc.).
  • I download the 'raw files' directly from SD card to computer's hard drive, in order to avoid loss of quality
My guess is that the SD card DJI provided just can't keep up with 2.7K :weary: ?

/nooby
Have you tried getting all the latest codecs? I use the free version of DIVX and it keeps me pretty updated with codecs but also get the K-Lite Codec pack first
K-Lite Codec Pack
2nd link down is the 40mb MEGA file. Get that and try again. Streaming doesn't look for codecs (i don't think haha) so youtube would play 4k files regardless

Have you tried getting all the latest codecs? I use the free version of DIVX and it keeps me pretty updated with codecs but also get the K-Lite Codec pack first
K-Lite Codec Pack
2nd link down is the 40mb MEGA file. Get that and try again. Streaming doesn't look for codecs (i don't think haha) so youtube would play 4k files regardless
Yeah, I got the newest version of both VLC and MPC (coming with the K-Lite Codec Pack), and the playback doesn't work :-(

I guess that the problem could be that the 2.7K videofiles aren't created properly in the first place (even though it actually let me record in 2.7K..) ?

/nooby

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
upload one raw to google drive and share it here, see if any of use can play it?

upload one raw to google drive and share it here, see if any of use can play it?
Hi, that's very thoughtful. But the problem is that my drone is now about 400 km away (not by its own means, though..), so currently I can't. I deleted all the 2.7K recordings I did make :-(

Last edited:
K-Lite Codec Pack
l started filming in 1080 sometime ago thinking my computer couldn't handle 2.7k because of very bad playback. I downloaded that and the difference in my old vids r night n day (besides split sec pauses every now n then). But wow, what a difference THANK U MUCH and welcome

#Ohiowoodsman

You mean the difference between 1080p and 2.7K?

The videos on youtube showing each of these resolutions (on the P3S) certainly show a big difference between them.

That's why I'm craving for 2.7K [emoji16]

#Ohiowoodsman

You mean the difference between 1080p and 2.7K?

The videos on youtube showing each of these resolutions (on the P3S) certainly show a big difference between them.

That's why I'm craving for 2.7K [emoji16]
l wasn't able to playback any vids in 2.7k without HUGE lagging. That download solved it

Isn't YouTube a bit fussy and cranky when it comes to uploading 2.7k video to it? I've not tried yet but have read a few threads which mentions this.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Haven't read those, but yes - youtube transforms 2.7K videos (2704 x 1524) to 1440p, so it isn't 1:1. Still, a 1440p is superior to the 1080p version of the same video, IMHO.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub