P3Pro won't start indoors

Reaction score
I rarely fly my P3Pro indoors for obvious reasons. Recently, I needed to fire it up in a large photo studio for a photo of it hovering. Yes, that can be done outdoors of course, but I needed the controlled environment with studio lighting and fixed camera platforms on large dollies. It goes without saying that with no GPS indoors and with so much steel (rebar in floor, steel ceiling trusses, metal lighting stands) around, the P3 didn't know where it was and certainly did NOT want to calibrate. All that said though, I wanted to fire it up since there was no place it could go in an enclosed studio to hurt anyone. It would not start up regardless of what mode I had the controller in. Props never turned. Anyone have any idea why this happened, and under what circumstances will the Phantom not even spool up and spin the props?

Did you try it indoors after completing a suscessful calibration in a proper area?

I rarely fly my P3Pro indoors for obvious reasons. Recently, I needed to fire it up in a large photo studio for a photo of it hovering. Yes, that can be done outdoors of course, but I needed the controlled environment with studio lighting and fixed camera platforms on large dollies. It goes without saying that with no GPS indoors and with so much steel (rebar in floor, steel ceiling trusses, metal lighting stands) around, the P3 didn't know where it was and certainly did NOT want to calibrate. All that said though, I wanted to fire it up since there was no place it could go in an enclosed studio to hurt anyone. It would not start up regardless of what mode I had the controller in. Props never turned. Anyone have any idea why this happened, and under what circumstances will the Phantom not even spool up and spin the props?
Have you tried it outside and away from that area just to test?
Is your VPS on?
Compass Issues? Perhaps! Lot's of metal, concrete might have something to do with it!
Phantoms and many other aircraft don't like those type of locations.
Maybe your in a new NFZ. Double check your location and stats using the B4UFLY App.
There are many other reasons, FW Etc.

with so much steel (rebar in floor, steel ceiling trusses, metal lighting stands) around, the P3 didn't know where it was and certainly did NOT want to calibrate.
Don't ever try to calibrate your compass close to steel objects.
You are asking for trouble if you do.
Get a good calibration outside, well away from cars, structural steel and reinforced concrete ... and stick with it.
Don't go unnecessarily recalibrating and creating more problems than you think you are preventing.

The compass is in the bottom of the landing gear.
If steel close to the compass is preventing starting, you might be able get by by positioning your Phantom up off the floor on something that is not made of steel ... or even hand launch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31