P3P wire damage

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Went to replace my bent landing gear today and got all the way to buttoning the shell back up and accidentally frayed the wire to the compass and also one antenna - should I send this out to DJI or a certified location to get fixed or can I solder these wires?

Should I just bite the bullet and get a re-casing done on the whole rig? My current case is a little banged up but still operable.

Only had this quad for a few weeks - got it for a steal on Craigslist

Any help is appreciated!

If you're going to do it yourself, I'd suggest you replace the parts. Here's what you need:

Reactions: Droneted
If it were me I would replace the shell when you install the new antenna and compass. A new shell is only about $60. Or you could go with a Hydro Dipped shell for about $150 and make it one of a kind. See Liquidschades on here. They do a great job.
IMG_3656.JPG

I must say working on the quad is somewhat daunting for me. I can work on my vehicles all day but when it comes to tiny parts and plastic, im not as quick with it.

Is a whole shell replacement very difficult?

The first time it is tough. Watch the videos and take photos. The hardest part for me was getting it a part. I used credit cards to keep the shell open as I went around it. If it bothers u don't do it. Let someone else do it. If u were in Central Florida I could help u. It's what I do

Honestly I'd just put a dab of plasticote, epoxy, or hot glue over the exposed wire & carefully push it back into the shell. The wires don't appear broken & the insulation is only partially compromised. Once inside the bird those wires don't really move around.

View attachment 60655 Went to replace my bent landing gear today and got all the way to buttoning the shell back up and accidentally frayed the wire to the compass and also one antenna - should I send this out to DJI or a certified location to get fixed or can I solder these wires?

Should I just bite the bullet and get a re-casing done on the whole rig? My current case is a little banged up but still operable.

Only had this quad for a few weeks - got it for a steal on Craigslist

Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: kphantom
Another issue I just noticed is that one of the motor mount screws is rounded... Torx will not grip it. Any tips on getting that out for future reference? I've drilled out bolts before but on much larger scales.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20