P3P what would you do?

Reaction score
So, first post. Found the site due to having problems with my P3P over the winter. Put away in November, got it out last month, couldn't connect to camera. Updated firmware cause DJI chat said, made no difference. Now they want the drone back for warranty repairs after chatting on and off for 10 hrs and trying lots of different 'fixes...' That drone and app is on current firmware. They figure it is the RC... 300A controller. Anyway...

So found a 'deal' on a new in box P3P on Craigslist. The controller will sync with my old AC, but the firmware is 1.3, so I can't take off without updating to 1.6. It has a 300B controller.

I tried to swap the USB boards in the back (support told me that was the likely problem) between the 300A and 300B and that didn't work.

My wife's iPhone isn't set to automatically update, so I have a copy of the 2.4 app.

So options look like....

Activate new bird. Run whatever firmware it has on it. I have wife's iPhone with 2.4. Will DJI force me to update firmware? Any way to tell what version of firmware is on the AC? What happens when I 'register' it?

Upgrade controller firmware to 1.6, try to fly old bird with 2.8 app? Then I won't be able to control the new AC with the controller, no way to roll RC firmware back? Will force upgrade of new AC, and I live a couple miles from an airport, so I really don't want to deal with the unlocking issue. Or bricking another bird during the upgrade process...

Is there any other options that I am missing?
#1, Bricked controller, bird with current firmware, 300A
#2, new in box not activated. Unknown AC firmware, 1.3 controller , 300B

Thanks for the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik