P3p vibrating arms

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is wrong with my bird.
After a full repair( shell + camera) the arms are extremely vibrating when the drone is hovering or even when its on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, never dit that before, tried the props on my other phantom and there's nothing wrong?!?

Send it back again...
That sucks!
I don't think anyone here is going to have an answer.
If it was not doing it before and now it is clearly something happened during the repair.

I've gotten this intermittently, too...and while I agree it's gotta be a prop balance issue, I'm starting to wonder if they aren't bending in the case and taking enough of a set to become unbalanced. The P3's odd motor angles might make it susceptible to that.. and i've got nothing else happening between flights that are fine and ones with noticeable vibration to explain it

Agree with defaultIT, props can get bent out of shape.

I recently had and issue with shell cracking around motor mount after only four flights.

I found that a couple of the props were bent over the length by up to 5mm (one of which would have been on the motor which cracked).

If they're good on another phantom then it could be that a motor is not seated properly.
Who done the rebuild?

Had it done by a rc-hobby shop , as soon if i'm home im gonna check the motors

Remove the props and start it up. What's it sound like? Is there vibration now? There are two possible issues with props. Balance and alignment. It is possible that a motor is failing as well.

If it were me, I'd consider replacing the props with *new props*, not props that have been used and are balanced, to verify it's not the props. Props are cheap, sending a drone back to have a repair shop tell you it's the props - isn't.

I also strongly recommend you balance the props. I use one of these Du-Bro RC - Tru-Spin Prop Balancer (QTY/PKG: 1 ) and can recommend it.

Yeah, I was watching for you to start typing Frank, and knew if I hurried, I could get in before you.... :D

Could be an electronics problem. Bad ESC(s)?

Take a look underneath all of the motors. Do any of the screw posts appear to be cracked? If so, that could certainly allow the motors to wobble. If nothing appears to be damaged there, then inspect your props for damage. Or, swap them out with your spare set of props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj