P3P upgraded to lastest firmware issue

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie and got my P3P 3 weeks ago. I've never flown it, just try to find time to learn it by using the Go App flight simulator on my android tablet. I've just upgraded to get the latest firmware: app 2.7.1, aircraft 1.7.60, rc 1.5.80 and now my HD Video Link Signal Strength does not show any strength for any channel and most of the time it says POOR reception although the aircraft and the RC are sitting next to each other. The update log file shows it's a SUCCESS without any error. The original firmware is: aircraft 1.4.10+, rc 1.5.70. Is there anything wrong that I did? Thanks for your help.

2016-03-29 19_24_44-Clipboard.jpg

Hello, I tried but still no improvement. The aircraft and the RC were connected, but it says "strong interference" although I took it outside too. Previously I've been staying in my room without any issue. Is there any way I can get the old version back? (aircraft 1.4.10+, rc 1.5.70). I've realized that I should post in the Help forum instead...

You could also try the firmware update again and see if the app tells you that your firmware is already up to date.

Have you tried to delete the app, restart the tablet and download the app again?

I have had this problem since the new update and on two different setups although I did use the same tablet for both.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you tried to delete the app, restart the tablet and download the app again?

Yes I did try erasing the app and re-installing it, then resetting my tablet to its original state and installing Go app and still no luck. I did contact DJI support and was suggested to re-install an older firmware version (1.6.0): no luck. Then I tried installing my original version (1.4.0) but it was not possible because the latest firmware (1.7.0) that has been installed, does NOT allow a downgrade to 1.4.0. I did not try version 1.5.0 though as I was too tired...

The good news is that I contacted ThePixelHub and they are willing to let me exchange it if DJI could not resolve my issue: oh well, obviously DJI could not. ThePixelHub has issued an RMA for me: they are going to have a customer for life and I hope they will have some P4 deals...

I have had this problem since the new update and on two different setups although I did use the same tablet for both.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the info and I know how frustrated it was trying to fix the issue. Also note: if you look carefully the image I included on top, there is a white dot above the "20 Channel". It is actually in blue, and it is the "Current Channel" bar, which is now reduced to a little dot. As I look closely, I could see some green little dots appearing now and then on top of those channels: they used to be some short green bars.
I did try on my Ipad Air and my Android tablet: they both show the same issue.

You could also try the firmware update again and see if the app tells you that your firmware is already up to date.

Thanks for your diligent support. Yes I did and the app says I have the latest firmware, everything is up to date. I guess if it is not broke don't upgrade/fix it.

a friend of mine have the same problem but its only whit android devices , we test whit two devices, one moto X and one note 4 and the signal says poor signal all the time and a lot of lag in the video.... but wen we try in my ipad mini 2 it works perfect... definitely there are some problem whit the dji app and android in the last firmware..

a friend of mine have the same problem but its only whit android devices , we test whit two devices, one moto X and one note 4 and the signal says poor signal all the time and a lot of lag in the video.... but wen we try in my ipad mini 2 it works perfect... definitely there are some problem whit the dji app and android in the last firmware..

If this is the case and more and more Android users are experiencing issues such as this then DJI has to "get the hint" and update another firmware soon to fix these issues. Perhaps posting these symptoms to the Problems Upgrading Firmware topic so that it can be documented and show how many "pilots" are being affected and their similarities.

What would be even better is if DJI had a client support manager who was a member that could address these concerns and act as an "ambassador" between pilots and company.

I am unaware if there is such a person as a registered member of these forums.

Reactions: hoctro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl