P3P to Inspire back to P3P

Reaction score
So here's my short story. I've only had P3P for roughly 3 weeks now and it has been a very rock solid machine. Zero issues, zero problems, just perfect. I then had the itch for an Inspire 1 so I ordered one and it came in yesterday. I was already having second thoughts as soon as the package came but I told myself I was going to try it out and see how it flies. I didn't sleep at all last night because I was worried about me having either fly away problems or some sort of crashing problem with my $3K item.

I woke up this morning still worried to death of what (if anything) could go wrong either today or any other day with my new Inspire. I then decided that new hobbies aren't suppose to make my stomach turn so I've decided to just return the Inspire and be content with my good ole reliable P3P. I have flown it over a dozen times with most flights soley depending on FPV and never once have I lost signal or anything else.

I feel like I could and would be pushing my luck with a $3K aircraft and that sooner than later something terrible would happen. I've been hanging out in the Inspire forum and it seems like there are way too many horror stories about Inspire aircrafts. Yes, I know my P3P could someday suffer the same similar fate. Of course a $1200 hit would be much easier than a $3K one.

Anyhow, thanks for reading my story. :)

Interesting story! I too would feel more bummed over a $3k loss than a $1k loss.

As someone told me once, "Fly nice, or buy twice."

I have felt far less dread with my P3 than my P2 post crash in March (entirely my fault). Before my crash I had started to feel invincible and it was a good wake up call only costing me 250 when all was said and done. Considering my P3 costs more (not considering gopro since it has coverage) this is strong faith in the platform.

Sure it's not 'buyer's remorse'? :)

Any r/c aircraft can crash and will if flown enough times so your sooner-than-later fear is founded in truth.
At least it's been my experience since the '70s when I graduated from Cox control-line airplanes.

But using a forum to make or sway your decision is the part that you should reconsider.
It's just not a good measure of performance with such complex systems.

After getting my P3P, i had this itch to get a P1. But upon reading, and thinking about "practicality" the extra features of P1 won't be necessary for me. P3P is more than enough for my needs. So i'm sticking with it ;)

That is not a short story phantom menace.
This is a short story:
Woke up, bought a P3P, opened the box, flew it, went to bed. The end LOL

After getting my P3P, i had this itch to get a P1. But upon reading, and thinking about "practicality" the extra features of P1 won't be necessary for me. P3P is more than enough for my needs. So i'm sticking with it ;)
Flying a P1 to a P3 is like comparing a model T to a Ferrari.

I'm anxious on every drive out to the spot I've decided to fly that day. In most cases my flights aren't enjoyable until I've bagged some good footage and Icarus is back in his box. That's when I relax and reflect on what a great hobby this is.

I don't fly hard, in my mind it's a photographic platform so I take things easy ... but no doubt it'll fall out of the sky at some point. I fear an inspire would give me a heart attack just looking at it!

Reactions: pipman and bobmyers
That sounds exactly like me! Can only truly relax after all the flights are over!
Lol yup. I've thought on more than one occasion that something I'm supposed to be enjoying shouldnt be making have a feeling of impending doom!
But I suppose nerves keep us on our toes!

Reactions: pipman and bobmyers
This is why I feel so "comfy" flying my P3P. It takes off so smoothly and I can shoot it up straight in to the sky with enough confidence to know I will still have plenty of signal strength and control. Of course that could change at any time but so far so good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic