P3P RC Update Fails

Reaction score
Hi I've been unable to update my RC to v1.3.2. The quad has been updated to v.1.4.001, and I understand there is no update to v.1.4 for the RC. However I have downloaded the 1.3.2 FW update and attempted to update the RC with no success.

I've tried in each of the following ways:
- USB (formatted to exFAT) inserted into the RC
- SD card (formatted to exFAT) inserted into an SD card reader and connected to the RC via USB
- MicroSD card inserted into the gimbal and connected to the RC via USB cable

I've tried each method at least 5 times. Each attempt no .txt file was written to the storage device - the RC doesn't seem to be recognising that an update is on the storage medium at all.

So at the moment I have the quad on 1.4 and the RC on 1.2.6. The DJI GO app is on v2.2 (iOS). I'd just like to have everything updated to the latest FW. Kindly advise how I can fix this RC updating issue ASAP.

Anyone got any suggestions? Any similar experiences?

Which version displays for the remote controller in the About section of the DJI GO app? What do you see on the TXT file after attempting to update the remote controller?

Hi I've been unable to update my RC to v1.3.2. The quad has been updated to v.1.4.001, and I understand there is no update to v.1.4 for the RC. However I have downloaded the 1.3.2 FW update and attempted to update the RC with no success.

- SD card (formatted to exFAT) inserted into an SD card reader and connected to the RC via USB

I've tried each method at least 5 times. Each attempt no .txt file was written to the storage device - the RC doesn't seem to be recognising that an update is on the storage medium at all.

So at the moment I have the quad on 1.4 and the RC on 1.2.6. The DJI GO app is on v2.2 (iOS). I'd just like to have everything updated to the latest FW. Kindly advise how I can fix this RC updating issue ASAP.

You may have to revert that 1.2.6 back to 1.1.9 and then go to 1.3.2.... Just a suggestion-- there are so many oddities that affect these FW upgrades -- such as all the versions-- and roll-backs that it becomes difficult to maintain any sense of confidence in knowing that they will work. I did mine, straight from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 for the controller. I had to go to 1.3.2 and then to 1.4.1 on the Phantom to get it to work.

The formatting SD card is also a big problem-- as well as having the card completely clean of files when you copy the bin file to the root directory of the SD card.

Having the same problem as Ben and made the same attempts to try and update the controller with 1.3.2. I'm all ears if anyone finds a solution. Gary

Dear Ben:
I was having the same problem and this evening I think I found the solution. The 1.3.2 firmware file has to be decompressed on the USB drive when you put it in the RC. Following is how I stumbled on to this solution.
I thought about it for awhile and decided to start from scratch. So I went back to the USB drive I had loaded the downloaded firmware 1.3.2 and deleted it off of the USB drive and went back to the DJI support (download) site, selected the 1.3.2 firmware for the Phantom 3 Professional and then hit the window (zip) to start the download. The Window message that popped up gives 3 options: Open, Save or Save as. When I originally down loaded the 1.3.2 file, I used the “Save as” option and saved it to the USB drive. In hindsight, what appears to have happened was that the compressed zip file was saved on the USB drive which apparently is why it was not recognized by the RC when I attempted the update of the controller. Without knowing this, I decided to simply select “Open” when the windows download options popped up. Windows decompressed the zip file and saved the file to a download directory which I then copied to the USB drive. I then inserted the USB drive into the RC and powered it up. Bingo. The firmware 1.3.2 started updating the controller (blue light).
So in hindsight, during my previous failed attempts using the USB drive to update the controller with the firmware 1.3.2 copied from the DJI website was apparently the compressed zip file. It appears that the file has to be decompressed by using “Open” rather than “Save as” (the compressed file was about 42 MB, decompressed it was around 92 MB). Having the decompressed file loaded on the USB drive did the trick, which wasn’t the case previously when I attempted to update the RC. It would have been nice if DJI had mentioned this in their instructions.
Take care.
Sincerely,
Gary T.

Dear Ben:
I was having the same problem and this evening I think I found the solution. The 1.3.2 firmware file has to be decompressed on the USB drive when you put it in the RC. Following is how I stumbled on to this solution.
I thought about it for awhile and decided to start from scratch. So I went back to the USB drive I had loaded the downloaded firmware 1.3.2 and deleted it off of the USB drive and went back to the DJI support (download) site, selected the 1.3.2 firmware for the Phantom 3 Professional and then hit the window (zip) to start the download. The Window message that popped up gives 3 options: Open, Save or Save as. When I originally down loaded the 1.3.2 file, I used the “Save as” option and saved it to the USB drive. In hindsight, what appears to have happened was that the compressed zip file was saved on the USB drive which apparently is why it was not recognized by the RC when I attempted the update of the controller. Without knowing this, I decided to simply select “Open” when the windows download options popped up. Windows decompressed the zip file and saved the file to a download directory which I then copied to the USB drive. I then inserted the USB drive into the RC and powered it up. Bingo. The firmware 1.3.2 started updating the controller (blue light).
So in hindsight, during my previous failed attempts using the USB drive to update the controller with the firmware 1.3.2 copied from the DJI website was apparently the compressed zip file. It appears that the file has to be decompressed by using “Open” rather than “Save as” (the compressed file was about 42 MB, decompressed it was around 92 MB). Having the decompressed file loaded on the USB drive did the trick, which wasn’t the case previously when I attempted to update the RC. It would have been nice if DJI had mentioned this in their instructions.
Take care.
Sincerely,
Gary T.
Those are all zip files-- RAR files-- they have to be unzipped up you download the compress versions.

I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the RC and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

You may have to revert that 1.2.6 back to 1.1.9 and then go to 1.3.2.... Just a suggestion-- there are so many oddities that affect these FW upgrades -- such as all the versions-- and roll-backs that it becomes difficult to maintain any sense of confidence in knowing that they will work. I did mine, straight from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 for the controller. I had to go to 1.3.2 and then to 1.4.1 on the Phantom to get it to work.

The formatting SD card is also a big problem-- as well as having the card completely clean of files when you copy the bin file to the root directory of the SD card.

I have a similar problem. DJI flip-flops and has many inconsistencies. I cannot update the Nov./2015 RC firmware using the old MicroSD/USB adapter way. I have to backtrack to 1.03.0020 first, then follow the instructions in "General Status" in my mobile to download and install the latest update via the Internet connection while the mobile is connected to the RC. Apparently even ordered on 12/18/2015, B&H shipped one from their old inventory with long out of date firmware and old 2312 motors instead of the new 2312A ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic