P3P RC firmware issues

Reaction score
So, I was updating my P3P from 1.1.9 to the newest FW. I first went to FW 1.3 and then onto 1.4. It all went well and then I thought to myself 'I forgot all about the remote controller'.

The issue now is that my usb drive, (fat32 format 64gb space) is not being read by my controller. I turn the RC on and nothings happens.

I also tried updating through the P3P but since it's already on 1.4, it has no package for the 1.3 update for the RC.

The bin file is the only thing on the drive. Battery on the RC is 100%. It has been turned on and left until i does the warning beep for idle mode.

Anyone who had the same experience?

You can only install up to 1.3.2 on the remote controller. Try putting that BIN on your memory card instead and see what happens. Also, if you read the TXT file that was generated on the memory card, it'll tell you what's happening.

If you're in need of detailed firmware installation instructions, you can find them here.

You can only install up to 1.3.2 on the remote controller. Try putting that BIN on your memory card instead and see what happens. Also, if you read the TXT file that was generated on the memory card, it'll tell you what's happening.

If you're in need of detailed firmware installation instructions, you can find them here.

Tried putting 1.3.2 on the card and inserted it into the P3P aircraft so that i could wire it to the controller -- now when turning on the aircraft there is a VERY LOUD beeping noise, constant d-d-d-d fairly speedy.... This happens no matter what version I have on the card now.

The RC recognizes neither of 1.3.2 and 1.4 using a usb stick.

Did you try installing the remote controller firmware from the DJI GO app? See step 14 here.

If that does not work, check the About section of the DJI GO app to see which version of the firmware is installed. Perhaps it's already installed.

Tried putting 1.3.2 on the card and inserted it into the P3P aircraft so that i could wire it to the controller -- now when turning on the aircraft there is a VERY LOUD beeping noise, constant d-d-d-d fairly speedy.... This happens no matter what version I have on the card now.

The RC recognizes neither of 1.3.2 and 1.4 using a usb stick.

Thumb drives are not made equally as they may have compatibility issues. The most compatible thumb drive is the P3's camera/gimbal.

Try leaving the 1.3.2 on the root of the SD in the gimbal. Get a micro USB cable that transfer data (the one that came with the P3). Plug the micro end into the gimbal and plug the rectangle end into the controller. Power on the phantom and then power on the controller. The camera should go limp and the controller should start beeping.

Did you try installing the remote controller firmware from the DJI GO app? See step 14 here.

If that does not work, check the About section of the DJI GO app to see which version of the firmware is installed. Perhaps it's already installed.

The app said that the RC needed an upgrade because it was not currently on 1.3.2. So I assume there is no way of installing the RC update using the DJI Go App.

Thumb drives are not made equally as they may have compatibility issues. The most compatible thumb drive is the P3's camera/gimbal.

Try leaving the 1.3.2 on the root of the SD in the gimbal. Get a micro USB cable that transfer data (the one that came with the P3). Plug the micro end into the gimbal and plug the rectangle end into the controller. Power on the phantom and then power on the controller. The camera should go limp and the controller should start beeping.

Right, for now thats exactly what I did. Then it seems like the phantom started to downgrade to 1.3.2 and then it powered off. Now i'm left with that beeping sound, thats abnormally loud I think.

I might just leave it to do its loud beeping thing for a while in another room and see if it actually manages to take the 1.3.2 update -- heard that it was more stable than the 1.4 anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.