P3P or the next P4?

Reaction score
Ready to put my money on a P3P here in the UK, as I have some land I will be allowed to fly on (farmer wants me to spy on the next farmer LOL).

I've heard from a dealer or two here in the UK that another DJI UAV will be launched the other side of Christmas, maybe feb/mar 2016. Maybe just rumours of course, but I'm hesitant to by the P3P if there is another, better machine coming out.

The P3A/P is a fantastic bit of kit and I don't think it could be bettered, however maybe the overall design could be improved, maybe Inspire type landing gears, object avoidance etc.

Any thoughts?

It depends on when you want to start having fun.

There is always a new/improved unit just over the horizon. Most of us will have a P3P and the P4 whenever it comes out LOL

I've heard from a dealer or two here in the UK that another DJI UAV will be launched the other side of Christmas, maybe feb/mar 2016
This is pretty much a safe bet, but the time frame might be off. I'm thinking closer to June until people actually receive them. DJI has been releasing a new Phantom every year.

You could also wait until 2017. The Phantom 5 is going to be even cooler ;)

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Youtube DJI Phantom X Concept.
I cannot see this ever replacing the Phantom of today. It'll most likely be a new quadcopter. The Phantom X would be used by an entirely different audience.

I really hope DJI releases a Phantom 4 model (Pro or Expert) with an MFT sensor and compact fixed lens (more compact than X5 cam + 15mm). For the kind of shooting I do, I much prefer the portability of the Phantom over the Inspire and I could easily get by with a 90 degree lens at F2.8... or even F4. An MFT sensor would allow DJI to leap in front of GoPro before they even launch their drone and take 3DR out of the sky at the very same time. I'd gladly pay between $1500 and $1800 for such a system, which would fit nicely in between the current Phantoms and the Inspire price-wise.

That said, I don't regret my P3 Pro purchase one bit and will keep it as a backup even if the P4 drops in the spring with an MFT sensor. It's a great bit of kit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj