P3P or Inspire 1?

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently looking to buy a P3P here in the UK. A friend of mine got an Inspire 1 the other week and went out for a test flight. I was amazed, mainly with the landing gear, superb looks and the near 360 degree panning.

I'm not a hollywood director, or do professional work, although I will be studying for a CAA license later this year which will allow me to, if I want.

Yes, the I1 is around £1000 more than the P3P and roughly they do the same thing. But the I1 seems a lot better built, I like the idea the camera can be replaced and according to other people its a bit quieter.

To me the I1 seems better value, if you intend to keep the UAV for longer and room for expansion.

Keen to here what other people think?

Cheers.

Well if you crash it then you waste a lot more money!
The flight time isnt quite as good I think and the Inspire needs 2 people for full control.
The technology is changing so fast you will always be playing catch up anyway.
Have you had a drone before? If not I would say just get the P3P.
I had a Vision2+ and the P3 is in a different league.
For once I am happy - I just go out and enjoy it now!!!

There are downsides to the Inspire 1 when I was weighing them both up, the Inspire 1 basically has no spare parts and the booms break off dam easily meaning it has to be sent back to DJI. You have a good chance of repairing the Phantom 3 yourself.

Also worth mentioning is the battery life is not as good on the Inspire 1 surprisingly.

All that said, I'd still have one but yeah its not better at everything :)

The flight time isnt quite as good I think and the Inspire needs 2 people for full control.
Thanks for the advice. I have had a drone (parrot drone a few years back), the P3P looks great I admit. I think (at an extra cost) there is a higher performance battery that can take it to 25 mins.

The biggest downside of the Inspire is it's size. You cannot backpack it into the hills or bicycle it via backpack into remote places, it's too big. You know how big the Inspire is from your friends experience. Imagine doing 90% of what inspire does , but having 3x the number of places to fly. I bet your friend would be envious of you with a phantom after he's sees the versatility of backpacking the craft around, which weighs only 11lbs on your back.

You also can't hand catch the Inspire, which I find essential in tight places, or when dogs suddenly appear, eager to chase the craft for play or attack . I suggest you start with phantom 3 if you're new to the hobby. You won't regret it.

That said, the Inspire will be my next drone, but that's for professional purposes, as soon as they start shipping the X5 cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyb
The biggest downside of the Inspire is it's size. You cannot backpack it into the hills or bicycle it via backpack into remote places, it's too big. You know how big the Inspire is from your friends experience. Imagine doing 90% of what inspire does , but having 3x the number of places to fly. I bet your friend would be envious of you with a phantom after he's sees the versatility of backpacking the craft around, which weighs only 11lbs on your back.

You also can't hand catch the Inspire, which I find essential in tight places, or when dogs appear hungry to chase the drone . I suggest you start with phantom 3 if you're new to the hobby. You won't regret it.

That said, the Inspire will be my next drone, but that's for professional purposes, as soon as they start shipping the X5 cameras.
Thanks for the informative info. Yes, the I1 is a big beast and yes, I can see it used less as a 'just go' UAV, I'm now more convinced to get the P3P first and graduate when I need to.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks, nice to hear a big difference between the P3 and the P2+.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4