P3P newbie w/ note 5

Reaction score
Contrary to the spec sheet, I've heard my Samsung note 5 should work fine with my soon to be shipped P3P. Which APP should I use? DJI GO, DJI GO4 or another? There are no shortage of negative reviews for both DJI go Apps -

Excited about the arrival of my 1st sUas! Any advice on firmware upgrades, apps, words of wisdom etc., will be greatly appreciated!

E.o.T.

Hi EoT

If you are a Newbie I would advise sticking with the DJI Go app until you have flow a few hours, after that the Litchi app or the Autopilot app are fantastic programmes that enhance your flying experience, but you do need to have a good understanding of the drone before you use them,

All the Best
Waylander

Welcome EoT. Definitely start with the Go app. Getting familiar with your new bird and all of its capabilities and settings should be your first priority. While you are waiting for your hardware, download the manuals and start reading them. The vast majority of problems/questions that are posted here could be headed off if the poster would read first. Once you get everything unpacked, charge up the battery turn everything on (might want to do this with the props off at first) and go through the online registration in the go app. You have to do this before the motors will start. Don't worry about updating VMware, imu and compass calibrations until you get the bird all connected and running. Safe to assume that everything was working when it was shipped out, so don't mess with things until you get a bit of experience.

It looks like I've purchased a bird AND membership to a pretty cool club. Thank you all for the quick, thoughtful replies!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20